Sign in to follow this  
Flyby PC

Pick your brains time...

Just a quickie.

I have 2 windows XP machines down with hard drive issues. (Where they are is powered on a generator, and the constant on/off corrupts the dll's etc). I need to make an XP repair disk. I have the 4.5mb utility downloaded to make a disk, but the PC I'm using is 64bit, and says it cannot create a 32bit (actually it says 16bit) disk. Naturally, I can't get either XP machines to boot to a workable interface.

Sometimes Microsoft can be so tedious....

Is there a work around? or do I need to walk the streets to find an XP user?

Is there a work around? or do I need to walk the streets to find an XP user?

You should not have to walk too long, there are still many of them. I only switched to Windows 7 / 64bits a month ago...

Agreed! Though Windows 8 is already upon us and Microsoft no longer supports XP, I imagine a lot of people still use it and a lot of smart people (smarter than I, anyway...which leaves a LOT of room) still know how to make it do what you want. My "noodling-around" computer runs XP and the only reason I went with W7 on my flying computer was so I could go beyond the 4GB RAM limit of XP.