Sign in to follow this  
rokvam

Enemy aircraft not showing in map

After installing the Falklands mod and OTC, I found that enemy aircraft and objects don't show up in map. I know this adds to the realism of the game, but do anyone know what i must fix to get the objects back in the map?

I guess it is something related with the campaign_data.ini , the units will show up as long as you complete the campaign. I suggest you to ignore it.

Rokvam:

It has nothing to do with the Campaign_data.ini. Simply go to the \Flight folder in your Mods directory and remove the following two files:

HUDDATA.INI

MAPENEMYICON.TGA

That's it. If you want the bad guys to disappear again, add the above files back to the \Flight folder.

Eric Howes

Rokvam,

I asked the same question a while ago....

Are the lines in the HUDDATA.INI are like this :

[MapLabels]
EnableLabels=TRUE
LabelFriendlyAir=TRUE
LabelFriendlyGround=TRUE
LabelEnemyAir=TRUE
LabelEnemyGround=TRUE

Try this, it helped me!

I am having a similar problem, except for me, there are no enemy aircraft in the campaign AT ALL, except for a Cub cargo plane. Basically I took the '79 Red Lightning campaign and updated it and added naval forces. Admittedly in the campaign_data.ini, I recycled a lot of the air units for OpFor, I changed the aircraft (example: from MiG-21 to MiG-29, or Su-27), did away with any upgrades, changed start dates where needed, and changed default textures where needed. I didn't both changing the unit names, is that the problem? If I were to leave Unit names and default texture blank, would that make a difference? As I said earlier, right now no enemy fighters are showing up, period, so I have no CAP missions, or anything to fight my way through on bombing missions.