Sign in to follow this  
beachav8r

Campaign supply/effectiveness stats?

I was just wondering - and looking back on my old post asking about the campaign engine and how it is run - is it possible to have en external program that looks at the campaign status and graphically display the campaign status in a style similar to EECH?

Campaign_Kuwait_BoP_04.png

It would be cool if we could have a little more data on what is going on as we progress through the campaign as far as how we are doing at winning or losing the battle. Is all that data buried in an exe or is it available in a text readable file after each mission?

Edit - And one other question - I was wondering if, after accomplishing the primary mission, going rogue and hitting other targets has an overall affect on the campaign supply status for the enemy. In other words..is it worth the risk of hitting extra targets on the way out?

Just curious what the thoughts are on this..

BeachAV8R

Edited by beachav8r

hi Beach. wrt to 1, i think the best anyone ever did here was a 'squadron editor' for SF1, where you can adjust the stats of your squadron mates in a campaign save file. (It's no longer applicable to sf2 apparently, but I still managed it with a hex editor..) You're right that a lot of this stuff is simply not displayed for the user to see, like in EECH or Falcon4. It's not even well documented by TK or just vaguely... the campaign save file is in a encrypted format and very hard for a 3rd party to crack any of it at all i reckon.

to 2 i think it's been many times mentioned, killing tanks, parked a/c, supply dump etc will have direct effect. i remember toting a gunpod on my phantom in the iceland campaign and just strafe the enemy tank formations mission after mission. by the time my ground forces launch offensives, there're no enemy ground units to fight them anymore - instant win.

basically this game is such a hidden (pun intended...) gem. but i think it's still way better than ones that have no dynamics in its campaigns at all.

Edited by Do335