RAF BE2e

The BE2e was an improved variant of the BE2c introduced in 1916. It had a longer upper wing and a shorter lower wing with a single set of struts. It also had a slightly smaller horizontal tail. The new configuration improved the plane's maneuverability, but did little to improve its overall performance. I have included a light bomb load, but the plane's rate of climb suffers somewhat when carrying bombs.

I have included two skins, a green paint (PC10), and a brown paint (PC12). A full set of number decals and my skinning templates are included in the download.

The gunner in the BE2e sat in front of the pilot and either had multiple guns, or was able to move the gun between multiple mounts. The game engine does not allow this, so I set up the data file to limit the gunner's aim to the upper rear of the plane. However, I provided alternate lines in the FM which will allow you to widen the gunner's aim, but that makes the gun pass through the struts, and sometimes shoot through the wing.

Instructions for changing the gunner's range of motion are included in the download.

Credits
Thanks to Ojcar for making the data file for the BE2e and for testing and helping with details of the model.
Thanks to Mike Dora for identifying and helping me fix problems with the gunner.
Thanks to Nicholas Bell for correcting the hit box coordinates for this plane.
Installation Instructions
For FE1 - Unzip the file and move the folder named "RAFBE2E" into the FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft folder.

For FE2 - Unzip the file and move the folder named "RAFBE2E" into the FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft folder. Then in the FirstEagles/Objects/Decals folder, create new folder named "RAFBE2E". Move the folder named "D" from the Aircraft/RAFBE2E folder into the Decals/RAFBE2E folder you just made.

• Like 2