Farman F.40

The Farman F.40 was a joint design by the two Farman Brothers, Maurice and Henri, combining features of the MF.11 and HF.22. Like the other Farman designs, placing the engine in the rear gave the gunner an open field of fire. The F.40 was used for reconnaissance and as a light bomber and was widely used by most of the Entente forces. The long wingspan gave stability, but made it slow to maneuver. French squadrons began replacing it in 1916.

My plane includes loadouts for a light bomb load and for Le Prieur rockets. I have included three skins, French, Belgian, and Russian. Decals and my skinning templates are included in the download.

I have included ojcar's "DummyMachineGun" data, Peter01's Lewis Machine Gun data and P10ppy's Le Prieur rockets with this download.

Warning

The Farman F.40 has a wider wingspan than First Eagles expects so if you start on the runway, your wings will be touching the wings of the planes next to you. This will cause an immediate collision and you or other planes in your flight may lose their wingtips as soon as the game starts. Best to start in the air, or modify the airfield.ini in the terrain folder to space out the planes on the runway.

Credits

Thanks to Ojcar for making the data file for the Farman F.40 and for making the data for the dummy machine gun. And for helping me with the installation package for FE2.

Thanks also to P10ppy who made the Le Prieur rockets, and to Peter01 who made the data for the Lewis Gun.

Thanks also to Crowford who provided resources for the Farman cockpits.

-----------------------------

Installation Instructions

For FE1 - Unzip the file. Move the folder named "FarmanF40" into your FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft folder.

For FE2 - Unzip the file. Move the folder named "FarmanF40" into your FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft folder. Then in the FirstEagles/Objects/Decals folder, create a new folder named "FarmanF40". Move the folder named "D" from your Aircraft/FarmanF40 folder into the Decals/FarmanF40 folder you just made.

You may not need to install the guns or rockets, they have been used on other planes and you may already have them. Instructions for installing the guns and rockets, if you should need them, are in a separate file included in this download.

• Like 1