Sign in to follow this  
Skoshi

Black screens in il2+Ace+PF

Hi guys...

just a quickie... while playing a campaign i get a sudden "blackout", which is total, i'm not talking about G here i literally mean total blackout. The game is still running and i can get back to a normal desktop using the windows key. I've tried new drivers (using 73.00 beta now) and the game is patched to 3.04m. Anyone have any idea's?

(Rig is a AMD64 3400+

WinXP home

1GB mem

NV6800LE

SB Audigy2)

skoshi

Hi guys...

just a quickie... while playing a campaign i get a sudden "blackout", which is total, i'm not talking about G here i literally mean total blackout. The game is still running  and i can get back to a normal desktop using the windows key. I've tried new drivers (using 73.00 beta now) and the game is patched to 3.04m. Anyone have any idea's?

(Rig is a AMD64 3400+

WinXP home

1GB mem

NV6800LE

SB Audigy2)

skoshi

Not to state the obvious, but you do realize that you may be experiencing Death. :shok:

Or I hope that's the simple explanition for your black outs.

If you switch to outside view and still see the game you've been killed.

nope not that...screen goes black..instantly, can still hear radio chatter etc, and i need to restart the game to play again

I'm using the 66.93's on a PNY 6800GT 256meg.

Have you tried switching back to the 66.93's? I believe that's what Oleg recommended.

And when you switched drivers did you use a driver cleaner? To get rid of the old bits and pieces of the old vid drivers?

That use to happen to me when I had an ATI card, I believe upgrading the drivers fixed it , in my particular case. I also messed with the resolution in game matching my desktop nresolution as I thought it might be some sort of refresh issue, it would happen when I fired the guns as I was closing in for the kill.

Do you have your card overclocked?

Almost sounds like a heat problem, vid card fan running or slowing down?

I had a fan failure on my old Ti4800 that would do what your talking about in iL2. iL2 puts a lot of load on your vid card

I'm using 66.93 drivers with my XFX6800GT & don't have any problems at all.

Have visited the Nvidia web sight & asked the tech department.Because it definately sounds like a driver issue.

The best way is to unistall your card & all graphics drivers before re-installing.

Also have you got your graphics settings in Pacific Fighters on the start menu called setup on Direct X if have it on open GL this can cause problems to Nvidia chip based cards.Open GL is only recommended on ATI cards.

Also have you got adequate cooling in your system as the 6800 runs hot.

Hope this is of use.

Pete :)