ok bear with me I call this triple nickle bombing worked it out in Qued bombing,, that's where I found a problem.

555knts=.84mach=938ftpersecond

nm= 6,076ft

statue mile =5,280ft

solid mass free fall from 20,000 ft = 35 seconds = 5.4nautical miles = 6.2 statued miles

thinking all the target information to be true I released at 5.4 and over shot about a mile redid the same run and released at 6.2 was dead on the money,, with my math  goofed up I double checked with the online caculators  it still came out that  the target box is showing statued miles instead of nauctical miles

the best aircraft to check this is the f-111 it has a radar altimeter that goes over 20,000 ft and the mach meter is true I was doing 10,000 ft qued bomb runs hit the target box with the first set of bombs useing the statued miles reading

img00004

Edited by yubba

The above post made my head hurt. 

The above post made my head hurt. 

yours,, you should have been with me last night trying to figure this out ,,, from one plane to the next to get it right,,, then go through the math again before I posted.

solid mass free fall from 20,000 ft = 35 seconds,, traveling at 938ft persecond when dropped = 5.4nautical miles = 6.2 statued miles

Edited by yubba

Don't forget that we have this bird just did a triple nickle at 30,000ft missed at 100 yards long delayed on the release came back around and used bombsight nailed that pesky generator building

img00004

img00001

30,000ft,,   .84 mach,, pickle at 7.6miles
Edited by yubba