Hey gang, its me again! I'm going through a major training regimen for carrier landings, and the birds without HUDS are giving me frequent trouble. So I was thinking, through some clever .ini tweaking, would it be feasible to make it so that when landing the very helpful flight path indicator from a HUD would just float around in front of you and give some guidance? With the absence of a functioning meatball on the carriers, it would be helpful assist to figure out sucesul approaches without crashing so much.

Errrr... could you reword your topic to "cheat" instead of hack. This later implies messing with source files, etc, etc... besides what you want is a cheat/aid and not a hack.

Most naval planes (even ground based ones) have the glide slope indicator lights, that exactly tells you if you are at the right place in the vertical on your path and have the proper angle of attack. Only you need to have gear down for their working.

Not sure on prop planes I rarely fly those.

Edited by logan4