Sign in to follow this  

Just wondering if anyone else is unhappy with the recent change to the F104G flight controls. [or am I the only one that flys that plane] While I wasn't thrilled with the way it behaved before, at least it would turn a little bit. The new game update apparantly contains a revised flight data file but I don't believe it is very realistic. I have never flown an actual Starfighter and realize it's not the best turning airplane ever built but the new flight characteristics seem a bit extreme. [extremely bad, that is] One change I do agree with - the real Starfighter had stall protection in the form of a stick kicker\pusher and the new control file does seem to keep you out of the buffet zone. I just don,t believe the turn rate is realistic. Anyway, I modified a few things in the F104G data file to improve the turn rate. I used the Mig- 21 as a guide but kept the numbers lower as I am sure The Starfighter can't turn with a Mig-21, it requires a different approach to dogfighting. [fast and vertical] The changes I made were in the elevator deflection and stall angle. I am happy with the results and if anyone shows interest I will post the changes. What I would really like is for one of the "Aircraft Builders" out there to have a look at the new F104G data file and see what they think of it.

Regards, Baffmeister.

No real need - it's being redone already.

However, some "quick fixes" by the community have already been posted on the boards. I'll see if I can find them & copy & paste.

Oh, & welcome to CombatACE.:)