Sign in to follow this  
JFM

New Book "Inside the Victories of Manfred von Richthofen" Now Available

Hello. For those interested, after eight years of work I am announcing the publication of my new book, Inside the Victories of Manfred von Richthofen, Comprehensive Victory Summaries and Combat Statistics, published by Aeronaut books and available worldwide on Amazon.

faf3CGQv.jpg

As seen on the flyer, the book is divided into two volumes. We preferred it to be a single volume but the exigencies of print-on-demand publishing (where a book isn’t physically made until it is ordered) require a 400-page limit, and this book came out to be 474 pages. Thus, rather than delete material—there is no filler to delete—it required two volumes.

The book is so new I don’t even have my own copy yet—I’ve only seen pdfs—but I can say it contains more information than all five of my previous books combined. It’s doubtful you’ll commit everything in the book to memory—I started writing it in the first place because I wanted a personal reference source without having to thumb through ten billion other books/notes/files/reports, separating the fact from the error as I went—so you’ll turn back to it again and again as necessary for the rest of your life.

Much of the material is new and refutes many tired-yet-still-kicking myths about MvR. I’m not talking the old yarn about Roy Brown shooting him down—surely all those flat-earthers who hung onto that notion realize the world is round by now! :bye:  I mean various details of his victories; the realities of his fight with Hawker; who shot him down 6 July 1917, and the extent of his injury; comprehensive examination of his souvenirs; and a complete debunking of the hyper-exaggerated belief of “post-traumatic stress disorder” and how it “caused” Richthofen to be shot down and killed—that chapter alone is the size of an Osprey book. In fact, the Osprey books I’ve written are 22,000 words each. Combined, Inside the Victories of Manfred von Richthofen contains over 180,000 words, not including photo/illustration/profile captions. Some of the topics and information have been touched upon in my previous books, of course, but with nowhere near the nth degree detail as presented in Inside the Victories. And while there are several excellent books out on Richthofen, nowhere else is “everything you need to know about MvR” contained within a single, go-to reference source.

I certainly don’t expect people to buy this. I’m just advising everyone that Inside the Victories now exists.  Once I get my copies I’ll attach a few photos here so you can see what they look like.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 2