Sign in to follow this  
Pete

Battle Of Britain II Wings Of Victory

Hi Chaps

Has anybody bought a copy of the above,I have & in my opinion don't waste your money on it.The game is a bit like an arcade game.Theres not many flyable machines.Its not a patch on sims like pacific fighters or Wings over vietnam.

Will have to wait for Oleg to bring his version out hopefully in the not to distant future.

Cheers Pete

The game is a bit like an arcade game.Theres not many flyable machines.Its not a patch on sims like pacific fighters or Wings over vietnam.

It does have customisable options (in case yours are towards the easy end of the scale) though & supposedly is more accurate FM wise for the flyables than Il-2. Plus where else can you get that many aircraft in the sky at once?

I would say that BoB & the Il-2 series have quite different strengths.

I don't know why but although I religiously bought them all I just can't get into Il-2 at all wheras I have loved BoB & Mig Alley for years.

Luckily I haven't been too troubled by the problems that some people have been having (englishtext ctd & poor fps) although I am confident that those will be patched.

I have heard it is terrible, lock ups, CTD's i was going to get it but I will pass now.

I have heard it is terrible, lock ups, CTD's i was going to get it but I will pass now.

It's not that bad for me - fps are a bit lower than I would like (but I'm running 1600x1200 in high gfx detail) & I've had 1 "Englishtext" CTD.

& I believe that they will sort it.

Someone else likes it too.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bb...;f=130;t=000324

If anybody would like a copy iv'e got one going,

Free of course.(Members of combat ace only)not open to guests,

But remember iv'e only got the one

First come first served.

I'll even pay the postage to get rid.

Cheers Pete :)

If anybody would like a copy iv'e got one going,

Free of course.(Members of combat ace only)not open to guests,

But remember iv'e only got the one

First come first served.

I'll even pay the postage to get rid.

Cheers Pete :)

Hell, I'll take it. Might be fun to screw around with. I was not gonna but it, but for free it's worth a look and maybe even a review.

-Skater

Its yours then skater

Drop me a private mail with delivery address and i'll get it to you ASAP.

Cheers Pete

PS it even comes with a free documentary dvd

Its yours then skater

Drop me a private mail with delivery address and i'll get it to you ASAP.

Cheers Pete

PS it even comes with a free documentary dvd

PM Sent

-Skater

1st patch is out now.

Its gone in the post to skater this morning.

I will wait for Oleg to bring his version out in about 12 months.

Cheers Pete

Its gone in the post to skater this morning.

I will wait for Oleg to bring his version out in about 12 months.

Cheers Pete

Recieved it. Thanks a whole bunch Pete.

First Looks...

It looks a bit clunky at first glance. Interface is typical of Empire/Rowan software. Looks pretty much like Mig Alley.

I like the way it flies and the gun modelling. However, the Spit turns like an F-16 and climbs like an F-15. This needs serious flight model tweaking.

Aircraft models and world modelling (especially the clouds and water) are fantastic.

Lots of CTD's and weird bug crashes. Looks to be hastily compiled when it was getting close to out the door.

The Campaign mode is very complicated. Not the usual terms and icons and the interface is STRANGE with a capital S.

I can't believe they shipped this without a printed manual. Rediculous!

I am on the fence with this one, I can't tell if I like it or not, and that's not good... I can usually tell if I like a sim or not within 1 hour of playing it.

Let's see how they do with patch 2, because patch 1 is still unplayable with all the CTD's and other bugs.

-Skater

Good to see it arrived.Glad I got rid of it.I'm waiting for Olegs version,If the Il2 series is anything to go bye it will be fantastic.Is the DVD anygood that comes with it.

Cheers Pete :biggrin:

snip

However, the Spit turns like an F-16 and climbs like an F-15. This needs serious flight model tweaking.

snip

Let's see how they do with patch 2, because patch 1 is still unplayable with all the CTD's and other bugs.

-Skater

I wish my Spit performed like that ....

Have you loaded patch 2 yet, it's out?

I do seem to have been blessed with an install that's pretty trouble-free compared to both yours & peter's experience.:)

I wish my Spit performed like that ....

Have you loaded patch 2 yet, it's out?

I do seem to have been blessed with an install that's pretty trouble-free compared to both yours & peter's experience.:)

Unfortunately for me BUFF, even with Patch 2 loaded, I am getting constant CTD's and Invalid Texture crashes.

I really want to like this one, but I am having a real hard time of it.

-Skater

Hi Skater

At least you have stuck at it longer than I did.

All the best

Pete