Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

BAT v4.2.1 (JSGME Supported) All era Alternative Aircraft List v1.5b (UPDATED 2/03/2022)

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=67326.msg735893#msg735893

Hello everyone,

I am not certain where to post this, so please let me know the proper place I can post this.  For now, since this section is related to BAT WAW, so here it is.
It have been fun week working on this project intensively.  What took a lot of time is researching for each designation / names of aircraft. 

Before I explain about this mod project, I want to express big thank to the community for creating this huge mod project.  I want to give the gifts to the community by creating this mod project.  Keep in mind, this mod is NOT meant to replace any mods, instead, this is meant to give the user an alternative ways of selecting aircraft from the list.

After looking at the aircraft list, I realize the modders are very enthusiastic about aircraft naming for immersive experiences.  In my humble opinion, due to the limited space of displaying aircraft name, I believe that it is more ideal use the space to show the designation , name, and specific variant of each aircraft, related to their types and purpose of aircraft.

What this mod do:

1) Tweak all aircraft names to match their accurate designation, naming, and variants as possible
2) Rename the 'what if' user made aircraft to the certain name as if they would have been likely (Theoretically)
3) Add the specific purpose of aircraft for certain group of aircraft

When I look at the long list of, say 'bomber', I always get confused by which specific type of bomber are used for, such as level bombing, heavy dive bomb, torpedo bomb, etc.  That is where this mod project comes in.

This is also an ideal not only for assisting pilot to select aircraft with specific role for certain missions, it also is helpful for mission / campaign creation.

When I used to look at the very long list of Spitfire, I always get confused by it.  Hence, I often skip Spitfire from time to time.  However, now with this mod, I finally understand the variants of spitfire and is finally enjoying flying them with the understanding of what each spitfire are designed for.  I hope this help anyone not to get overwhelmed by the long list of aircraft, such as Spitfire, A6M Zero and other aircraft.

4) Changes the 'symbol' to become more 'eye friendly' when looking at the list.  instead of using many "*", I use horizontal line that will help your eye to naturally separate the group of aircraft from the list with ease.

5) Group the list of aircraft under each nation and group that uses them.  With this mod project, there is no more "various nations", you will see the the following nation in the list:

> Dawn of Flight (#DOF3)

CIVILAN
AUSTRIA-HUNGARY
CZECHOSLOVKA
ENGLAND
FRANCE
GERMAN EMPIRE
ITALY
JAPAN
NETHERLANDS
ROMANIA
RUSSIA

> The Golden Age (#TGA3) <

CIVILAN
CANADA
CHINA
COLOMBIA
CZECHOSLOVKA
DENMARK
ENGLAND
FINLAND
FRANCE
GERMANY
ITALY
JAPAN
NETHERLANDS
POLAND
SOVIET
SPAIN (Post Spanish Civil War) - WIP
SWEDEN
THAILAND
UNITED STATES
SPANISH CIVIL WAR
OTHER

> World at War (#WAW3) <
CIVILIAN
AUSTRALIA
CHINA
CZECHOSLOVKA
DENMARK
EGYPT
ENGLAND
FINLAND
FRANCE
GERMANY
ITALY
JAPAN
NETHERLANDS
POLAND
ROMANIA
SOVIET
SPAIN
SWEDEN
SWITZERLAND
UNITED STATES
YUGOSLAVIA
OTHER 

> The Jet Age (#JTW3) <

CIVILIAN
AUSTRALIA
ARGENTINA
BRAZIL
CANADA
CHINA
CZECHOSLOVKA
ENGLAND
FRANCE
GERMANY
INDIA
ISRAEL
ITALY
JAPAN
NEW ZEALAND
SOUTH AFRICA
RUSSIA / SOVIET
SWEDEN
SWITZERLAND
UNITED STATES
PROJECT BEARTRAP
EXPERIMENTAL RACING

7) Uses tag for notes.  Here are the following tags used in aircraft list:

- PLANNED - = Aircraft that are designed by an aeronautical engineer officially and have not been built as a prototype yet.
- CAP - = Captured aicraft
- PROTOTYPE - = Aircraft that get stuck in prototype without becoming a military production version
- OLD - = For "old hangar' aircraft
- modder name- = For any aircraft with duplicated name, with this tag, you can tell which aircraft are from IL-2 1946 or modder.  For example, -JCat- for A6M series mod.
- FICT - = for any user made aircraft that wasn't officially designed nor planned by an aeronautical engineer.

8) Optimized the list with more clean list.  it will make scrolling through aircraft easier.  I hope that one day modders manage to add the features to the GUI where you can select the country from a drop menu, then choose the aircraft. That would be awesome.  This just gave me ideas for the request section.

By the way, Keep in mind, I am not perfect and I continue to learn everyday.  Any feedback are always appreciated. If you happen to spot the incorrect aircraft name, roles, or placement of the aircraft in the list, please post here. I am more than happy to fix it.  If you have any suggestion or ideas on how to improve the mod, please feel free to post here.

ISSUES:  There are certain issues in the aircraft list. 
- Some of the two aircraft have the same name. I can't tell which mod it is from.  So I use tag "#1" and "#2" for now. if anyone know which mod it is from, please let me know and I will use tag - modder name -.

- Some aircraft does not use specific variant letter / numbers for designation. I use one that I think is possibly correct.  For example, when I see B-36, I assumed it is B-36C.  So if the designation and variatns are incorrect, please post it here. I will fix it and release the newer version.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION: (This mod is JSGME supported now.)

1) Extract a zipped file and you will see a folder "BATMODS"
2) Drop BATMODS into IL-2 1946 main folder #BAT_DOF_ALTERNATIVE_AIRCRAFT_LIST_ALL_ERA
3) Use JSGME to enable the mods 

UNISTALLATION: 
Delete #BAT_DOF_ALTERNATIVE_AIRCRAFT_LIST_ALL_ERA folder from JSGME folder

Changelog

v1.0 - First main release of BAT-DTW-AAL 
v1.1 - First release of BAT-DTWJ-AAL
v1.2 - Cleaned some of the list, moved some aircraft to the correct role, and re-organized A6M list. Added an alternative version of #WAW3 list known as "#WAW3 Lite".
v1.3 - Updated to work with BAT 4.2
v1.4 - Fixed A6M variants and moved several aircraft to their proper role.
v1.5 - Updated to BAT v4.2.1
v1.5a - Fixed Avenger name and place in the list
v1.5b - Updated various planes name

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire)

BAT v4.2.1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/pkqficoj8zozmbt/BAT-DTWJ-AAL_v1.5b.7z/file

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 1

I have not tried this mod yet, but I think it is very useful. IN SUMMARY, for those who don't want to read for a long time: this mod streamlines the list of aircraft. THANK YOU.

I am happy you like the idea of this mod.  This mod is created for the community, so we all have much easier time going through the list.

Any feedback and suggestion are always appreciated. 

Cheers

• Like 1