Sign in to follow this  
kiiro772

SF2 crashes when an AI fires a Sparrow missile, on desert map

Hi, first of all excellent work keeping SF2 alive all those years with great mods.

I recently bought SF2 Complete Edition, but I have a problem: the game crashes to desktop every time the AI fires a Sparrow missile.
What’s weird is that it only happens in a campaign, and only in the desert map.
I tested for a while yesterday and I can constantly reproduce the crash using an F4-C on a desert campaign, and giving only Sparrow missiles to the squad. As soon as I command “Engage Air” or “Attack my target”, when they fire the Sparrow, the game freezes and crashes to desktop.

Everything else works perfectly, as long as I don’t play on the desert map AND in a campaign (desert quick mission = ok, any map except desert in campaign = ok, desert in campaign = crash). I’m a bit sad since i liked the desert setting.

I have SF2 Complete Edition, Windows 11, GTX 1660 Ti, Ryzen 5 2600, vanilla install with no mods (I also tried reinstalling the game a couple of times already). Since no one noticed it I presume it only happens with my pc specs, but I find it weird, it really looks like a software bug.

Thanks in advance to whoever wants to help me.