Hey,

I downloaded your topgun movie from the aerodome and I have to tell ya, that was a great movie. I was wondering how do you make movies like that? Do you have to have some sort of program? If you dont mind, would you e-mail me, and tell me how you made it? I'm interested in making a movie, just dont know how to do it. E-mail addy is warlord81286@earthlink.net

Cylix=JW=

join up with me! Download my trailer from the SF downloads here and check it out!

Hi Cylix, Thank you very much for your kind words about the video. I was introduced to movie making by MajorLee who told me about FRAPS, which is a software you can download from the following link for free. http://www.fraps.com This software will take screen shots, tell you your games' framerate, and capture video of the game while in progress. It is super easy to use, just read the "howto" files on the webpage. I was making movies in a few minutes.

Once you have captured your video, it is automatically saved in the fraps folder on your harddrive. You then open Microsofts' Movie Maker which WinMe and XP both have, then import the files into movie maker where you can edit them for length, add sound, etc.

A few weak points...The most important is that FRAPS does not capture video well at anything other than 640X480X16 resolution. You will also notice a substantial slowdown in framerates while capturing ingame videos. The F9 key is used to capture video by fraps, it is also used by the game, so there is a conflict there.

However, as you can see, the video turned out pretty good. A word though, That video represents about 35 hours of work. Hopefully the next one wont take so long. It was the 3rd incarnation, I wasnt happy with it until this last version, which I might add still has some minor problems.

You have an email inbound which says the same thing as this post. Hope this helps and again, thanks.

pcpilot

I must have missed an earlier post or a link somewhere in between, but where can I see the movie as well, PCPilot?

Thank you so very much pcpilot. I do in fact have windows me, so that works out. Yur movie was cool. I really like the music and in teh start how u went vertical.. very nice touch. :D