Thunderone

Saitek X52 (Non Pro), Unable to configure HOTAS throttle/stick

Hi,

I have been playing Strike Fighters 2 since past few years using a Keyboard. But I recently borrowed a HOTAS from a friend who wasn't using it anymore. After installing the latest driver in my PC, the HOTAS identified by the game as well (Strike Fighters 2 full package, updated till March 2012). However, I am confused when it comes to setting up the controls. The buttons on the HOTAS are very well functioning (after adding via SF2 Key Mapping menu), but the game is not recieving any input from Throttle and Stick at all. Both systems are fine, no issues as Logitech Software also acknowledges the throttle and stick movement. 

So can somebody please help me out in fixing this issue? 

Thank You

Edited by Thunderone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By AxtonJT
      Greetings everyone. I've returned back to Strike Fighters 2 after having decided to purchase a Hotas, so I can fly in this game properly, however it seems the Hotas I've purchased is not that great. And by that I mean the software used is kind of ... crap. I've purchased the Thrustmaster t16000m, pretty solid Hotas, but the TARGET software is just terrible. I didn't know that, otherwise I could have avoided purchasing this device, but now I have it and I cannot return it back unfortunately.

By navigating the config file included in this site, I've found the TARGET profile for T.16000M joystick and TWCS Throttle to use with SF2 series 1.0, so I've said "cool, a config is ready to be used for my Hotas", but what seemed to be an easy solution it became a very frustrating experience, and I am not sure if the script that is broken or instead is TARGET (which I suspect it is, considering the amount of complains on internet). When I plug both my Hotas and TWCS on the USB, everything works smoothly, both the USB ports are set not to be disabled for power management purposes, but when I start TARGET and loading the above mentioned script, after a while I've got the device disconnected. Also it seems to be a very random issue, because sometimes the Hotas disconnects, or sometimes the TWCS disconnects, or sometimes even both disconnects.

Here is the error from TARGET:
      Physical USB HID devices managed by script! Currently plugged USB HID devices[2]: 1: "T.16000M Joystick" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B10A&REV_0500" 2: "TWCS Throttle" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B687&REV_0110" Installing filter driver to VID_044F&PID_B10A. Please Wait...Done! USB HID device "T.16000M Joystick"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B10A\6&304D54F2&0&13) selected USB HID device "TWCS Throttle"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B687\6&304D54F2&0&12) selected USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0405" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0406" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0407" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0408" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_040A" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_040B" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0409" cannot be found Virtual HID devices managed by script! Connecting virtual joystick...Done Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined Connecting virtual keyboard...Done Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done main returned 0 Error: One of the selected USB devices (0) has been unplugged. Aborting script! Aborting script (check output above for reason)... Script stopped! Have you ever had any issue with TARGET? A similar situation as the above one? I've read that is better to use an alternative to TARGET, such as Joystick Gremlin for instance, but I am not able to find any Strike Fighter 2 profile for that specific software so I am not sure how to make it works.
      Somebody can help me with this issue? Thanks
    • By wasteboy
      I have a problem I think is different from others described. I recently got a new Dell Alienware laptop described below. Because the SF2 files I moved from my old computer did not work on the new one I just purchased direct from Thirdwire, downloaded and installed the SF-2 Complete ($99.99).
      The game when running does not recognize input from either the keyboard or the joystick.
      When I start in Options and go to Controls it lets me input changes to the joystick to use the slider for rudder control and the throttle lever for throttle control. So it recognizes input from the joystick and keyboard there. However, when I go to fly in a game either "Instant Action" or  "Single Mission" it opens in the air or on the runway but does not respond to either the keyboard or joystick. That includes ESC - the only way I can get out is to employ Task Manager and end the task.
      I know the joystick works because it does in both DCS and Microsoft Flight Simulator. So the computer should likewise be adequate. The game continues to work fine on the previous computer - it's specs are listed below also.
      I have tried several total uninstalls and reinstalls, shut downs and restarts etc. and everything I have found on this forum but nothing works so far.
      What can I do?????
      The computer specifics are:
      Dell/Alienware Alienware x17 R2
      Windows 11 Home 64 bit
      Disk drive: NVMe PC SN810 NVME WDC1024GB
      Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H   2.50 GHz
      Ram: 16.384GB (15.7 GB usable)
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU
      Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X
      The previous computer: 
      Dell Inspiron G3 3579
      Windows 11 Home version 22H2
      Intel i7-8750H CPU@ 2.20Ghz
      16.0 GB RAM
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    • By Mr_Tayto
      Hi all,

based off a recommendation I dropped the requisite 100 buck (well, £76) on the full install, and so far I'm very impressed.

I have an X52 Pro, so I downloaded and applied the "SFPITkey.ini" from the downloads section of the site here, and it's great. The problem I have is that with only two hands, I find it difficult to get across some other aspects of the sim beyond flight control. An example of that is the radio; I find the radio marked button doesn't work on the profile, and even if it did (or I'm doing something wrong) there's no tutorial so I don't know how to use it. I may even be using it wrongly, but again I see know way of knowing how.

The second thing is vision controls. I don't have any eye tracking software or hardware, so will be reliant on some kind of accessible control to "turn my head" looking for targets or threats. Again, short of taking my hand off the throttle or stick, there's no way I can see of doing it without reassigning some hat on the HOTAS (which is not ideal). In this case I suppose I'm asking if it's worthwhile reassigning a hat on the stick to turning my head, and using the keyboard controls for radar operation?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give. I've realised one ambition this week, of flying a SEAD over North Vietnam in a Thud, and I'm looking forward now to another, which is flying the EE Lightning. Just with there was a "quick fly" with no bad guys to practice take-offs and landings (especially on CVs!).
    • By Kodokushi
      I created a deck to use with the Matric Android app to control WINGS OVER FLANDERS FIELDS: BETWEEN HEAVEN & HELL II.
      Intro
      I'm so new to the game that I still don't know just what I don't know about playing it I have a little bit of flight sim experience in the past but having recently read the remarkable book Marked for Death  byJames Hamilton-Patterson I used google to learn more about WWI flight, found WOFF and jumped in running. I've never been fond of using a keyboard to enter sim commands I'm grateful for this forum, it's been instrumental in helping me get started, my thanks to everyone who has contributed. I'm not affiliated with Matric app in any way, I'm just a guy trying to figure things out The Matric App
      Their Website http://matricapp.com/ All edits are done on the desktop app that is a free download  The mobile app communicates with this desktop app to work with your game (Or photo editor, videos, music, etc. etc. Matric is useful beyond gaming) Google Play Store on Android phone or tablet to get the mobile app.  Cost for the app is scaled based on what you can either afford or how much you value it ranging from $12.99 to $19.99 you choose how much you  pay. I use a Kindle Fire tablet that I found a work around to get the Play Store on How I use Matric in WOFF
      I set up my deck to have everything I didn't have set up already on other devices (you may see buttons you don't need or need more but this is easily editable)  I use SmoothTrack Face Tracking App on my Android phone with Opentrack on my computer so I didn't need the eye movement commands As an aside, I have tried many setups and this is the best inexpensive solution I have found for face tracking I had trouble with my VKB Gladiator NXT Joystick so I pulled an old Logitech Extreme 30 Pro joystick out and started using it.  I think the Gladiator issues are related to some setup I was doing for IL2 and not related to WOFF, I will dedicate the time later to getting it going in WOFF but the Logitech works fine for now. the Logitech has a few commands on it, these are not on my Deck I changed a handful of commands while playing around with setup, please be aware if you download my deck that the following are not standard WOFF commands: Fixed Views Toggle Control+NumberPad5 Select Next Weapon Conrol+NumberPad2 Right Rudder Trim Control+NumberPad6 Left Rudder Trim Control+NumberPad4 Increase Time Compression Control+Semicolon Quality Control If you find an error in my deck, please share it here, I haven't even pushed every button in game yet. Future Plans
      I expect my decks to change quite a bit as I learn. Some buttons will be removed, some changed in look or groupings.  Dedicated decks built for given plane types that have identical or very similar commands, removing commands that do not apply to those planes Move buttons that are needed to access quickly (Combat) in sizing and location to fit my needs as I learn I already have Blip button and unjam guns at the edge of the screen and large in anticipation of needing them quicker I can see moving or copying the Wingman commands to the Weapon and Combat page to access them in the heat of battle without changing pages Decks for realistic flying without any navigation buttons, just the bare basics after I get competent Add maps as pages to decks, they will not be scrollable, but multiple pages that are static maps (images) can be added.  Area around landing field for sure As much of the engagement area as possible as additional pages I hope that some of you here use Matric and contribute your work so that I can implement your improvements into my own setup. If there is another option for this type of tablet based game control that is inexpensive I'd love to hear your experience. For now I can't think of anything that would make me change but I try to keep an open eye as to what is out there. Get my Deck for Free if you have Matric
      Kodokushi WOFF BHAH2 Flanders Field 1.1.2022 Deck • Matric (matricapp.com) Or seach 'Kodokushi' from the desktop Matric app  I plan to date my decks as I update them and will try to keep on top of removing the older decks if they seem obsolete compared to newer efforts  

• By Flanagan
      I would know if someone have tried this stick. Thanks in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..