Sign in to follow this  
Aarow

SAMs populating far away

I'm defining some SAM sites on any terrain to show up in my map but these targets only populating when i'm flying near them. :(

Is there any way to make them show up far from user's aircraft.

Are the lines in the terrains xxx_types.ini file:

StartDetectChance=xx

StartIdentifiedChance=xx

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=xx

have any use for this purpose?

I'm defining some SAM sites on any terrain to show up in my map but these targets only populating when i'm flying near them. :(

Is there any way to make them show up far from user's aircraft.

Are the lines in the terrains xxx_types.ini file:

StartDetectChance=xx

StartIdentifiedChance=xx

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=xx

have any use for this purpose?

Visibly? No, as 1 pixel is the limit to which anything will render down to. So let's say that about 12 KM for a single SAM launcher is the maximum Third Wire-world visual range for an object of that approximate size, even when zoomed in. Though you can cheat and make it virtually "detectable" beyond that range.

hmm.. so you say that even if they are not visible to me far away, they will still shoot any AI planes up on them at the moment? Interesting gonna try that scenario..

In fact i just don't care they are visible or not i just want them to be operating even far away from my location..

btw i'm having issues with sa-11 launchers, they are destroying themselves on the ground after firing 1 or 2 missiles. Is this a common problem? I really don't know what did i do wrong? they came from the package Nato Fighters for my WoE. :dntknw:

hmm.. so you say that even if they are not visible to me far away, they will still shoot any AI planes up on them at the moment? Interesting gonna try that scenario..

In fact i just don't care they are visible or not i just want them to be operating even far away from my location..

I've had Sa-5s shoot at me from 30+ NM, and SA-10s engage me at almost 80 NM.

btw i'm having issues with sa-11 launchers, they are destroying themselves on the ground after firing 1 or 2 missiles. Is this a common problem? I really don't know what did i do wrong? they came from the package Nato Fighters for my WoE.

Sounds like a configuration (data.ini) issue with either the launcher or the missile.

thanks fubar

i resolved my problem with sa-11s by deleting the lines from data.inis:

[Radar]

ParentComponentName=Turret

ModelNodeName=

MaxExtentPosition= 1.313, -1.223, 5.999

MinExtentPosition=-1.313, -1.659, 3.278

HasArmor=FALSE

SystemName[001]=RadarDish

[RadarDish]

SystemType=Radar

YawModelNodeName=RadarB

RadarSearchTime=1.0

RadarType=SEARCH

i think their extent positions stood in front of some missiles so this just caused crashing..

btw i don't see any point of having built-in radar at sa-11 launchers as long as i use them with radar units.

alright i found it useless to start another topic so let me ask the public here; (Talking about Wo* series) the AAA units also do not seem to detect and fire at me beyond a fixed range(let's say 2.5nm). I've modified an AAA gun so i altered the lines:

[DetectSystem]

TargetType=AIR

DataLink=FALSE

OpticalSight=TRUE

NightSight=FALSE

VisualRange=12000.0

[WeaponSystem]

TargetType=AIR

GunRange=10400.0

i also comment out the line:

//GunMaxAltitude=...

so there should be no limit of altitude.

But the unit still do not see me and fire at me beyond 2.5nm which is equal about 4800m. Is there a limitation for ground units for targeting in the game?

Is there a limitation for ground units for targeting in the game?

Yes, the range at which you're physically visible to them.