I have SF2: Europe, Israel, North Atlantic and Vietnam. The Europe install is mostly taken over by Nato Fighters (great mod). Until a month or so ago everything went smoothly, but then I noticed that Phoenixes were not available to my Tomcats in NA. Ever. It was not a supply problem, they just never show up in the create a mission space.

So I decided that a tidy up was in order and reinstalled everything (getting some really nice mods long the way - A4K pack for a kiwi is great fun). I left NA for last. So I installed it to the same directory as all the other games (merged) and got the same problem - the AIM 54 is not in the game.

I uninstalled and reinstalled to a different drive. Phoenixes are available this time. Great! I then thought I would snag the wonderful FAA Buccaneer to fly off the US carriers (I am not onto it enough to put a UK carrier in the game). But NA refuses to see my Buccaneer. It will see the DLC FAA F4K from Third Wire, which sits comfortably in the saved game mod file (in the same directory as all the other mod files, but with far fewer planes etc).

Any ideas? I tried pointing the options.ini to a different location and putting the Buccaneer in there, but had no luck. I have successfully flown the FAA Buccaneer in my Nato Fighters install, so I'm pretty sure I'm not putting its components in the wrong place.

Sometimes you like to see system specs:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Gaming graphics 2559 MB

Primary hard disk 14GB Free (150GB Total)

Thanks for the help in advance.

Does your install use third party AIM-54's? Some other folks were getting this problem. To carry the Phoenix, there is a "SpecificStationCode" line in the data.ini's for the aircraft, and for the weapon. The ThirdWire F-14 uses a different code than the third-party AIM-54 that is used for the TMF F-14 Tomcats. The ThirdWire Tomcat uses SpecificStationCode=AIM54, while the third party Phoenix/Tomcats use SpecificStationCode=F14. If you're using an install with third party Phoenix, change the TW Tomcat's Phoenix station's SSC to SpecificStationCode=F14, or change your Phoenix missiles to SpecificStationCode=AIM54. That should fix it.

Example -

From the AIM-54A's AIM-54A_Data.ini

[WeaponData001]

TypeName=AIM-54A

FullName=AIM-54A Phoenix

ModelName=AIM-54A

Mass=453.5924

Diameter=0.381000

Length=4.010000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.120000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.222000

AttachmentType=USN

SpecificStationCode=F14

From the TW F-14A's F-14A_DATA.ini

[AIM54StationL]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=7

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-3.24,-0.99,-0.01

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-2.0,0.0

EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-4.0

LoadLimit=500

AllowedWeaponClass=AHM

AttachmentType=USN

ModelNodeName=pylon_lower_L

PylonMass=45.36

PylonDragArea=0.00

SpecificStationCode=AIM54 <=================Does not match, so your AIM-54's will not appear.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Caesar

Thanks again Caesar, but no dice I'm afraid. I have remembered that while I downloaded the Mirage Factory F14 I do not have it installed, or any AIM54s other than the stock, so there is nothing in there that could be conflicting - unless there's something in NATO fighters which is causing a stink.

At this stage it looks like the work around is to fly other stuff in NA (including the FAA Buccaneer) as part of my merged install, and the F14 in the stand alone install on a separate drive.

If you've got the TMF Tomcats and weapons installed and now you can't get AIM-54A missiles for the stock 3W Tomcats try this:

1) Go to your mods folder and navigate to Objects/Weapons

2) Rename the AIM-54A folder to AIM-54A_TMF

3) Go into that folder and then rename the AIM-54A ini file to AIM-54A_TMF

4) Thee is no 4)That's all you need to do.

Then when you go into the game the TMF Tomcats will select the AIM-54A_TMF, which will still be called AIM-54A in your loadout screen and the 3W F-14s will select the stock AIM-54A, again called AIM-54A in your loadout screen, which I guess is packed away in one of the CAT files.

Works for me anyway.