Sign in to follow this  
Kadaicha Man

I saw it somewhere but now cannot find

Since I decided to "get into" Strike Fighters, I've been surfing the various sites on the web. I found one which had a tutorial on how to use the terrain editor but now cannot find it. Does anybody know where it is?

No, unfortunately, thats not it. I remember it had a tutorial about how to use the terrain editor and a DEM for the Adriatric area for download. I'm interested in adding some DEMs I have to the game.

Edited by Kadaicha Man

No, unfortunately, thats not it. I remember it had a tutorial about how to use the terrain editor and a DEM for the Adriatric area for download. I'm interested in adding some DEMs I have to the game.

You sure?

Under Maps and Terrains>Strike Fighters Construction School>Overview of the Terrain Editor (TE)

& under Aircraft, Objects and Utilities>Tools and Templates

http://www.majorleesaerodrome.net/download...Italy_North.zip

Finally. Yes, thats the one I've been looking for. Thank you. It was a bit less obvious than you made it appear to be but I eventually found it after some digging.

Now, a few technical questions about the terrain editor, if I may?

When I attempt to run it, after selecting the Italy_Yugoslavia.HFD, it doesn't display anything. If I attempt to zoom in or out or do anything it produces the error: "the TerrainEditor has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log has been created."

My questions are - why is it doing this and where is this error log created?

In addition, when I go to examine the terraineditor.ini file I find it has notations to:

TextureListFile=D:\projects\ThirdWire\util\TerrainEditor\Target\TextureList.ini

RiverListFile=D:\projects\ThirdWire\proj\FlightSim\Data\TerrainEditor\Rivers.ini

My d: drive doesn't have those directories nor does do I have those files anywhere. Where can I find them of do I have to create them and if so, how?

Sorry but I have absolutely no knowledge of using the Terrain Editor & only a few do.

Why don't you email Major Lee?

My next step, it would seem. Thanks for the help!

On another note, is there a means to make movies from the scenes in Strike Fighter?

Edited by Kadaicha Man

On another note, is there a means to make movies from the scenes in Strike Fighter?

Only FRAPS or a similar programme.