Sign in to follow this  

I am unable to shoot down the F-15C or E with an F-15C or E in MP. I can aquire and track them then when i fire the missle will leave the rail track for about 1 to 2 seconds then go dumb. This happens with all missles.

Note: I can shoot down any other plane except the two above.

What could be the problem?

This next question is for the F-15E in SM's

I put the AGM-84E S.L.A.M. Harpoon on my plane to see what it looks like and what kind of destruction it can cause and what do i find no missle showing on my plane. So i tried to fire one anyways and it did. I had a rocket plume but still no missle.

I have looked at the weapons file and it has an AGM-84.bmp and a .lod file i then checked my weapons editor and it shows all the agm84's.

So my question is why do i not see the missle on my plane or in the air once it is fired and what can i do to fix it?

I found that none of the HARP's show up

The first issue has to do with countermeasures, namely, chaff. That's an issue that must be addressed by the developer, as there is otherwise no workable solution short of eliminating the chaff loadout in the aircraft's data.ini file, altogther. I have had some success against chaff equipped a/c by firing two SAHMs or AHMs in quick succession at the same target.

As for your second issue; Try deleteing the objects/weapons/weapondata.dat file, then open up the weapondata.ini (which should also be in your weapons folder) with the weapon editor and "re-save" it. This will recreate the weapondata.dat and should fix your problem.

As for your second issue; Try deleteing the objects/weapons/weapondata.dat file, then open up the weapondata.ini (which should also be in your weapons folder) with the weapon editor and "re-save" it. This will recreate the weapondata.dat and should fix your problem.

I'm having same trouble, have nbeen for awhile. I have reloaded the weps editor twice now as per this post.

Even re-downloaded the weps pack/updates and re-installed them.... no joy still don't see the 84's.

First let me say thanks for the input so far.

1. Now let me see if i can give a full description of the problem. I play on a friends server with the WOV platform and the latest weapons pack with updates. We changed the start dates for the F-15C and the aim-120's to 1973. The RAAM"s will shoot down the 15 but none of the 7's or 9's will we even tried changing the newer versions of the sparrow IE: AIM-7M and sidewinder IE: AIM-9x to 1973 so that they would be on the plane and even they just buzz by the plane or blow up a couple of seconds off the rail. We haaven't been using any ECM, Chaff, or Flares to keep the missiles from hitting us. We fly straight ahead min power and still no kill with sparrows or sides. I would think at the very least the sidewinders would still make contact with the plane being that it is an IR and I have never heard of any ECM against IR with the exception of flares. When we fly the stock planes all the missiles will kill them.

So the question still remains why are the sparrows and sidewinders not working.

2. I tried deleting the weapondata.dat file and then resaving the weapondata.ini usning the weapon editor and still nothing. Anything else I can try?

3. One last question. One of our guys is unable to get the 120's on his F-15C when he plays online. Offline everything works fine. He has changed his start dates just like we did and still nothing. He has everything the same as we do. Any ideas?

Once again thanks for all the help.

Guest Saganuay82

In SFP1 in the Flight folder in the cat there is a singlemission.ini. In there, there is :

[Years]

PeriodStart=1955

PeriodEnd=1975

MaxServiceLife=5

[TargetValues]

MinStrikeTargetValue=100

HeavyStrikeValue=1000

NormalStrikeValue=200

Maybe that could be affecting you in some way?

Edited by Saganuay82

As per fubar's suggestion.

We found that aircraft with CM's use them automaticlly. As it stands now the only way to shoot down aircraft with CM's is to turn them off completely. Is there a file or line of code that can be changed so that this does not happen and the CM's can still be uesd by the player?

Edited by Agamemnon

As per fubar's suggestion.

We found that aircraft with CM's use them automaticlly. As it stands now the only way to shoot down aircraft with CM's is to turn them off completely. Is there a file or line of code that can be changed so that this does not happen and the CM's can still be uesd by the player?

CMs are global. The only other alternative is to eliminate flares & chaff from the data.ini files of all the other aircraft, and then have the player fly a "unique" aircraft.

CMs are global. The only other alternative is to eliminate flares & chaff from the data.ini files of all the other aircraft, and then have the player fly a "unique" aircraft.

Well that just bites :biggrin:. I guess we will have to create duplicate files one with CM's on and one with them off and in separte folders of coure.

Any other ideas on the Harpoons question? Could it be that the BMP file is not complete because i have been looking at similar files and it looks like maybe it does not have a front or back end just the main body.

Thanks again Fubar