I have added the Tornado package to WOV. All kinds of problems with it - main one being it seems to load up and start in the single mission mode okay, or fails at about the 90% mark, then it crashes the game.

Once in a while I have manage to launch the aircraft, then it crashes.

Everything seems to be right, in the right place, latest weapons packs etc etc .

Any clues guys ?

I have added the Tornado package to WOV. All kinds of problems with it - main one being it seems to load up and start in the single mission mode okay, or fails at about the 90% mark, then it crashes the game.

Once in a while I have manage to launch the aircraft, then it crashes.

Everything seems to be right, in the right place, latest weapons packs etc etc .

Any clues guys ?

The fix is: Extract the FlightEngine.ini from the FlightData.Cat (using the SFP1E extraction tool). The file will be extracted into the Flight folder by default. It must reside there in order for the following edit (fix) to work.

Open the FlightEngine.ini with Notepad, then scroll down to where it says "[GraphicsSettings]", and edit the values there to match the following example:

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=8192

MaxIndexCount=16384

MaxTextureCount=8192

MaxModelType=2048

MaxMeshPerScene=1024

MaxModelPerScene=2048

MaxLightPerScene=512

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

Accept the changes, make sure, once again, that the (edited) FlightEngine.ini is in the flight folder, and you should be good to go.

Accept the changes, make sure, once again, that the (edited) FlightEngine.ini is in the flight folder, and you should be good to go.

I have the same prob with the tornado, and sadly these fixes don't solve it for me. Indeed this new set of variables gives me significant judder running on my system.

I think the crash out is caused by the tornado model being at the upper end of complexity- if I run a mission with a Phantom FGR2 as my plane (for example) but with Tornado GR1s as a support squadron, it'll run fine until I take a close look at the tornados- then I get a CTD. I guess I'm going to need a bigger PC to run these beasts.