Sign in to follow this  
Mig15

A-1 Skyraider for Wov � beginner needs help!

I have managed to get several new aircraft for WoV and a big thanks to all you who made them. I am still at the drag and drop folders stage so I have a couple of problems.

Firstly I don?t seem to be able to get a A-1 Skyraider to work. There are three that I see on combatace, two A-4h and A-4hN don?t work and I guess this is because they are for the 1950s not 1960s. A-1H v 5 does not work ether. When all the downloads come as separate items what do I do? I have tried to put them all into a folder but no joy.

Next, and this may be related to the lat problem, I have got some aircraft that work OK but the weapons come in separate come in a separate folder. Where does that go. They contain information in the readme such as:

[WeaponData262]

TypeName=AA-1A

FullName=RS-2U (AA-1 Alkali-A)

ModelName=AA-1A

Mass=82.599998

Diameter=0.180000

Length=2.300000

AttachmentType=WP

NationName=SOVIET

StartYear=1958

EndYear=1970

Availability=1

BaseQuantity=4

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

Etc. etc. Where does that go?

Thanks for your help!

Steve

Another thing is that on some aircraft I have downloaded there is not cockpit even though a cockpit appears in the files. I have also tried copying and past a a cockpit from another aircraft to substitute but that does not work.

Hi Mig15, pretty sure the A1v5 is a program in itself. It will d/l to program files, and does not go directly to the aircraft folders. When the weapons come seperate, you will need a weapon editor to make the additions/corrections/deletions. You can find the editors on the SF/WOV menu bar, along with tutorials. I am still new at this myself so we can stumble around together. I am sure the veterans will assist you better and will correct me if I am in error :yes: Its a great and patient group of folks here.

Edited by eightlein

Another thing is that on some aircraft I have downloaded there is not cockpit even though a cockpit appears in the files. I have also tried copying and past a a cockpit from another aircraft to substitute but that does not work.

Sorry, i'm newbie , but download the F-104 S and read the readme included.

Hi Mig15, pretty sure the A1v5 is a program in itself. It will d/l to program files, and does not go directly to the aircraft folders. When the weapons come seperate, you will need a weapon editor to make the additions/corrections/deletions. You can find the editors on the SF/WOV menu bar, along with tutorials. I am still new at this myself so we can stumble around together. I am sure the veterans will assist you better and will correct me if I am in error :yes: Its a great and patient group of folks here.

It's a program yes. But it will ask you where you want it to go... make sure you pic the correct directory the main directory not the aircraft directory if I remember right. It will then install it correctly in your game. Get the fixed damage bmp's from AVSIM.