Sign in to follow this  
stevee620

How do i select bombs?

Hi all,

It may be a stupid question, but i've just recently got wov, and i've read the manual several times, but when i wish to select an air to ground weapon, using the \ key, nothing appears as being selected. No matter what i add on the load out screen. sometimes i can't even fire the gun.

I have mainly been flying the carrier take off mission, because i get the best frame rates with this, which i know is a recconaisance mission, but i'm still getting attacked by AAA etc, and can't attack them back.

Any advice appreciated.

Ste.

Edited by stevee620

Hi all,

It may be a stupid question, but i've just recently got wov, and i've read the manual several times, but when i wish to select an air to ground weapon, using the \ key, nothing appears as being selected. No matter what i add on the load out screen. sometimes i can't even fire the gun.

I have mainly been flying the carrier take off mission, because i get the best frame rates with this, which i know is a recconaisance mission, but i'm still getting attacked by AAA etc, and can't attack them back.

Any advice appreciated.

Ste.

The first thing I'd check is the control mapping, which is set in the options/control menu screen. It's possible that your keyboard isn't properly mapped, so select custom controls, scroll down to select air-ground weapon, and press the button that you want to activate it. I usually map this to a joystick button actually, as it's handy to be able to switch between AA and AG quickly if you get bounced on a cas or strike mission.

'Fraid that's where my expertise leaves off, at least without more detail about your precise set up and problem.

Thanx a lot for that advice.

I had checked my keyboard mapping and it was set to \,

However, i just changed it to one of my joystick buttons and now my bombs show up to select. :)

Ste.

..and you may want to program the joystick for fire selected weapon. :)