I'm playing WOV. I tried installing the Roland and 2S6, but had problems with both. I finally got the Roland working after a fashion by making the Seacat its missile.

I like flying modern aircraft in this game, but I think we need 'modern' SAMS. Are there any SAMs out there that are more advanced than the SA-2, that work ok?

Thanks again in advance.

Guest pdelbarba

if you feel you need a better sam than try extracting the sam launcher data.ini and moding it to work on a copy of a misile (copy it in the wep editor and mod the skin to look real) that looks like something from google. if you can try to find its turn rates and stuff and add them just dont let it be too fast and manuverable or you might WILL lose every mision you fly!! #-(

Remember that nearly everything in both WOV and SFP:1 is date related. IE if in the *_DATA.ini [where * is the name of the object your editing] shows a date that is later then the date your flying in then you won't see them pop up. Now WOV has initially coded a time from from 1964-1973, which relates to the timeframe that US Aviation units were flying missions then any other objects need to have either thier starting date or thier ending date fall with in that time frame. I forget off hand what file you have to edit to expand the time range of WOV, but I am sure if you do an edit of the forums here it should help you out.