Has anyone else had trouble with the Seafury? I'm trying to fly Korea campaign and the Seafury won't operate.

Every time I try to fly it I get CTD. It seems like somethings wrong with skin or LOD.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. It is ,from what I can see briefly before CTD,a good looking airplane.

Thanks!!

Guest Charles

The Sea Fury works fine for me in all terrains, including Korea. Is the problem in single missions (that is, from a land base) or in a campaign( from a carrier)? Sometimes carriers can be a bit twitchy, so if the problem is only on carrier missions, that might be the problem.

I also recall that there was a "missing wing with flight model set to hard" problem with the first release of the Sea Fury, which was fixed by some corrections to the Data.ini file in a later release, in a Version 1.2. Make sure you have the latest version, which you can get from:

http://wombat.ods.org/cgi-bin/fury.pl

Edited by Charles

Charles, I have version 1. I went to the link and downloaded 1.2 patch. I will give it a try.

Thanks much!!

I love these forums where you can get help from fellow fltsim lovers like me.

Charles I downloaded ver 1.2 and installed it. Same Problem! When sitting in cockpit before takeoff

when you try to look at other aircraft or go external view I get CTD. I took Seafury-2.lod made a copy and renamed it seafury.lod . I then flew the aircraft. It works fine except landing gear are canted inwards and external stores are floating with no attachment points. I tried all modes of easy,normal,hard aircraft models. Same result. It seems like something is still wrong with seafury.lod and data.ini file.

Right now I'm flying a converted Typhoon in the Seafury spot.

Oh yes, it does the same thing either off runway or off carrier.

Any help Greatly Appreciated!!

Guest Charles

Hmm... That sounds like a problem with one of the LODs. The main SeaFury.LOD file should be 1,404Kb in size, and dated 25 December 2004. Make sure you have this file in your SeaFury folder.

Then open up your Seafury.ini file, and you should see these lines:

[LOD001]

Filename=seafury.lod

Distance=200

[LOD002]

Filename=seafury-2.lod

Distance=8000

Edit this to read:

[LOD001]

Filename=seafury.lod

Distance=8000

and delete the three [LOD002] lines.

Try a mission in the stock desert terrain (just in case there is a problem with your terrain), and let me know how it goes.

If that doesn't work, drop me a line at gunstqc@aol.com and I can send you the LOD which works for me.

Edited by Charles