Sign in to follow this  

I am trying to set up multiple installs, so that I can have one game of the original and another of Korea and another of Israel..etc etc

I have started with Korea...

I copied the Strategy First file and placed another copy of the file in the following directory

Program File

Strategy first <--orginal copy

Copy of Strategy first

I then renamed the "Copy of Strategy first" to "SF1_korea". Therefore my directory now looks like this.

Program File

SF1_Korea

I created a short cut by pressing the SF1_Korea file and clicking on "create shotcut" that placed a Icon on my desktop that says "Shortcut to SF1_korea

I downloaded the necessary files, terrains, and so on to my SF1_korea file.

When I double click the "Shortcut to SF1_Korea" file, I get the Strike Fighter directory showing up where I must click on the icon that says "FlightSim.exe" to get into the game.

I get the Korea mainscreen showing up, but when I click on campaigns, it shows the Burning sand campaign and nothing else. When I exit out it shows an error.

Can you please help me what has gone wrong.

thanks

I am trying to set up multiple installs, so that I can have one game of the original and another of Korea and another of Israel..etc etc

I have started with Korea...

I copied the Strategy First file and placed another copy of the file in the following directory

Program File

Copy of Strategy first

I then renamed the "Copy of Strategy first" to "SF1_korea". Therefore my directory now looks like this.

Program File

SF1_Korea

I created a short cut by pressing the SF1_Korea file and clicking on "create shotcut" that placed a Icon on my desktop that says "Shortcut to SF1_korea

I downloaded the necessary files, terrains, and so on to my SF1_korea file.

When I double click the "Shortcut to SF1_Korea" file, I get the Strike Fighter directory showing up where I must click on the icon that says "FlightSim.exe" to get into the game.

I get the Korea mainscreen showing up, but when I click on campaigns, it shows the Burning sand campaign and nothing else. When I exit out it shows an error.

Can you please help me what has gone wrong.

thanks

Longshot Jack,

Different versions???Patch?? No Patch?? compatible???

Longshot Jack,

Different versions???Patch?? No Patch?? compatible???

Thanks for the help...

I checked versions...

The orginial install is patched to 7-05.05.

The copy version that is renamed SF1_korea is also 7-05.05

Doesd the korea campaign work to these patched levels?

Thanks for the help...

I checked versions...

The orginial install is patched to 7-05.05.

The copy version that is renamed SF1_korea is also 7-05.05

Doesd the korea campaign work to these patched levels?

Try this, Jack. Instead of copying your new version into the main folder, create a new folder called Korea somewhere else on your Main Drive, C:Korea, or whatever your main drive is lettered, then copy the Strike Fighters Project 1 folder only into it. Open the SF1 folder and create a shortcut to it and rename it Korea. I think your problem is both copies being in the main Strategy First folder. By moving your new copy of just the Strike Fighters Project 1 folder into a completely new directory, I think you'll solve your problem. Hope it works for you; it works this way for me.

I can get into the menu screen,,

If I try a new campaign, I do get an option to choose korean war. But when I hit continue,,I get the CTD.

I wonder if the terrain file is loaded properly...I followed the instructions..

Do I need to modify andy INI files?

I can get into the menu screen,,

If I try a new campaign, I do get an option to choose korean war. But when I hit continue,,I get the CTD.

I wonder if the terrain file is loaded properly...I followed the instructions..

Do I need to modify andy INI files?

I've never needed to modify any ini files to use it. All I had to do was do a separate install, delete stock aircraft, install the files, including the Korea terrain found at:

http://www.majorleesaerodrome.net/

Oh, just thought of something. Did you use the .cat extractor to extract the Desert.cat file? If not, you need to copy that into your new Korea terrain file, then rename it Korea.cat If it's not that, you might try reinstalling the mod. Perhaps some files were corrupted. CTD's usually mean the program can't find a file it's looking for. Hope this helps. It's a good mod when you can get it to work.

I think my problem is more of adding the files...

I have a few questions on install procedures...I know the instructions are pretty straight forward but I am unsure of a few things.

1) When I get the desert.cat file I copy and paste it. I then rename the file to korea.cat

2) Alot of items are required to go into the object file. But there is an object file and then there is a second object file that holds the weapons. I put the objects in the first file. Do I copy the "object" file or do I open the file and copy each individual file.

3) When I copy the Korea file, do I copy that complete file without opening it and copying each file into the existing desert file? or to I copy each indvidual file to the campiagn folder. I ask this because when I went into the game and opend the campaign tab, I only saw Burning Sand. But if I deleted the original campaign file and renamed the file downloaded to "Korea" then I saw it in the menu screen when creating a campaign. But when I went forward to play, I got a CTD. Never got to the prebriefing screen.

I just notice that when I go to single mission, I have no aircraft showing.

Could someone explain what "Then unpack the zip files to there folders" means

When I use winrar, I see the folder in yellow. if I open it it may show another yellow folder. If I open that it has a number files.

Do I copy the yellow folders, or do I have to open each individual yellow folder and copy the files into the directory.

Also.

Some of the yellow folders are not in the orginial game. Do I copy these folders whole without opening them and copying each invdividual file or jeust the whole yellow folder.

I am very frustrated now and have reinstalled 5 times already with no success

Could someone explain what "Then unpack the zip files to there folders" means

When I use winrar, I see the folder in yellow. if I open it it may show another yellow folder. If I open that it has a number files.

Do I copy the yellow folders, or do I have to open each individual yellow folder and copy the files into the directory.

Also.

Some of the yellow folders are not in the orginial game. Do I copy these folders whole without opening them and copying each invdividual file or jeust the whole yellow folder.

I am very frustrated now and have reinstalled 5 times already with no success

Just copy the files, not the folders. The only new folders in your Korea copy that you should have are the new terrain folder and the new aircraft folders F86, F2H2, etc within your aircraft folder. If you get confused, just look at your original game's install to see whether subfolders or just files are within a main folder. Then, it should be clear what you have to copy in. I still suggest that you move the Korea copy to your desktop if you still have problems with the shortcut looking for Strike Fighters, rather than Korea. Move it out of the Strategy First folder, you'll have no problems with the shortcut then.