Sign in to follow this  
FOTF

preview of a new skin

Here is a preview of new EA-6B

VAQ141.jpg

That has to be one of the coolest tail arts I have ever seen.

:clapping: I'm gonna have to step my skins (to quote Emeril) "up another notch!!!"

Paul you are da man! I'm not releasing my 137 skin... yours will smoke it.

I think the the gull grey and white scheme prowlers of 137 where in my CAG. they looked spendid. If thats what you're working on 8_ let's see it. :ninja: CL

What CAG and when CL? I was in CVW-1 from 87-90 and 93-97 with VFA-86. 137 was our prowler unit.

Aaaargh! Originaly we were the "extra" H-3 squadron for the the Cruisers. but Ronaldus Rex 600 ship navy goal put the the end to our glory days. To the bird farm slums we went (Carriers). CVW 14, 82,83 & CVW 5, 84-86. Did Prowler squadrons have different DETS? Back in the 80s alot of us were flying to the other coast to cruise. Maybe we had some just passin' thru to Whidby or what. I think maybe the most correct statement I can make is I saw VQ-1 everywhere and everytime I saw a Prowler it seamed to be from a different squadron before the last one I saw, and the startling gold tint on the canopy. Modelers' and I bet later skinners' hell. :ph34r: CL

post-11823-1145593010_thumb.png

Edited by charlielima

Prowler outfits flew from Whidby to norfolk (or mayport if the carrier was based there) then met the ship at sea. I was in CVW-8 on Nimitz from 84-87 with 138 as our prowler outfit.