Sign in to follow this  
Gianky

Problem with weapons pack

Hi.

I'm new to the WOV world (I have only this sim, not SFP) and I dowloaded yesterday Bunyap's weapon pack with the 2 updates. I installed the Vietnam era mods (copied Objects folder in WOV directory, installed Deuces' Effects pack 3, then copied WP's Effects folder; finally copied the 2 updates files in the right directories).

Everything seems to work fine, the only problem is that I don't know how to use the guided weapons: I can't get the monitor view for GBUs, AGMs and so on (yes, I loaded the Pave Spike ;)) and I don't know how to point and steer them. Is there some new command to bind? I couldn't find anything in the WP manual or here in the forum (but I admit I have few time for searches :P).

Can you tell me if I can use those weapons with WOV only and what I have to do?

Thank you.

[P.S. WOV version is the last one, 7.05.05]

Hi.

I'm new to the WOV world (I have only this sim, not SFP) and I dowloaded yesterday Bunyap's weapon pack with the 2 updates. I installed the Vietnam era mods (copied Objects folder in WOV directory, installed Deuces' Effects pack 3, then copied WP's Effects folder; finally copied the 2 updates files in the right directories).

Everything seems to work fine, the only problem is that I don't know how to use the guided weapons: I can't get the monitor view for GBUs, AGMs and so on (yes, I loaded the Pave Spike ;)) and I don't know how to point and steer them. Is there some new command to bind? I couldn't find anything in the WP manual or here in the forum (but I admit I have few time for searches :P).

Can you tell me if I can use those weapons with WOV only and what I have to do?

Thank you.

[P.S. WOV version is the last one, 7.05.05]

IIRC tatpack is set up for when Wings Over Europe and or patch 4 for WOV comes out. You wont get those monitors until then. On a side not, you will not be able to steer them once you are patched up anyway. Its not a feature.

Thanks for reply, USAFMTL.

But, what about the pictures in the WP manual? When I said "I can't get the monitor view" I couldn't explain what I meant: I saw pictures in manual where what the targeting pod/seeking head were seeing was shown in the radar scope of an F4... is that a feature of SFP only, or it's in WOV, too? Or do I just have to wait for a new patch?

On a side not, you will not be able to steer them once you are patched up anyway. Its not a feature.

Cc on that, I guess the acquisition/tracking/locking procedure will be "automated" like for air to air missile.

Thanks for reply, USAFMTL.

But, what about the pictures in the WP manual? When I said "I can't get the monitor view" I couldn't explain what I meant: I saw pictures in manual where what the targeting pod/seeking head were seeing was shown in the radar scope of an F4... is that a feature of SFP only, or it's in WOV, too? Or do I just have to wait for a new patch?

Cc on that, I guess the acquisition/tracking/locking procedure will be "automated" like for air to air missile.

Wait for the patch my friend.

Yes automated is the word I am looking for.

Check Six

Wilco, sir! :)

Thanks again for help, USAFMTL, I hope it won't take long for the patch to be released.... can't wait to see the lil' commies' faces when they're about to be blown! :grin:

Edited by Gianky