could someone please exsplain how to use the wepons pack.I down loaded it (auto installer}. Ran the application.Put it in wov.I found it in the wov main file. I clicked on it but nothing happens. I have read and serched forums and tutatorials for how to do this.thanks

Hi, Allen.

It sounds like what you are trying to do is use the Weapons *Editor*, which is in the main WOV directory. You don't have to use the Weapons Editor to load the planes.

The weapons themselves are installed in their own sub-folder within the Objects folder. In order to use the weapons, you'll have to load them through the loadout GUI of the plane you want to fly.

Give me an example of a problem you're trying to solve.

Tristan

Edited by Tristan

Hi, Allen.

It sounds like what you are trying to do is use the Weapons *Editor*, which is in the main WOV directory. You don't have to use the Weapons Editor to load the planes.

The weapons themselves are installed in their own sub-folder within the Objects folder. In order to use the weapons, you'll have to load them through the loadout GUI of the plane you want to fly.

Tristan

thanks I gess I was misten for what it was

thanks I gess I was misten for what it was

That's OK.

If you're having loadout problems with any of the planes, post back. There's a very good chance I'll be able to help you.

Tristan

Good I am having problems loading other aircraft,like f18,f16 to make them flyables

I'm having similar problems with the F-14. The plane itself and skins are fine, but the only weapons available are the sidewinder, and I get no engine sound at all. I can hear the pilot breathing and radar and lockon sounds.

Good I am having problems loading other aircraft,like f18,f16 to make them flyables

A loadout problem, that is, a problem getting weapons loaded onto a plane, is a separate problem from setting up custom planes so that you can fly them. Are you having problems doing both things?

I'm having similar problems with the F-14. The plane itself and skins are fine, but the only weapons available are the sidewinder, and I get no engine sound at all. I can hear the pilot breathing and radar and lockon sounds.

It sounds like there are some mods at cross-purposes here. Something deleted the engine sound file during an installation process, so you'll probably have to load that sound again into the Sounds folder to get the engine sounds back. Check the files that came with your F-14.

As for weapons -- weapons are classified differently in the add-on Weapons Pack from the way they are in the stock game. This is causing loadout problems in a lot of third-party aircraft. You're going to have to do what's know as a "data.ini edit" for your F-14 in order to get a full loadout with the Weapons Pack.

Inside your F-14 folder you'll see a file called 'F-14_data'. If you open that up and scroll down to the [Weapons] section, you'll see entries called 'AttachmentTypes'. These are hardpoints, and there will be a classification entered next to each one: WP, NATO... something along these lines. Sometimes you'll see multiple entries next to a single 'AttachmentType.'

Whatever the case may be, some of the entries at these 'AttachmentTypes' make the F-14 "blind" to a lot of the weapons in the new Weapons Pack, so you're going to have to do some editing. If you open up Bunyap's Weapons Pack manual, you'll see a table entitled 'Nation Name and Attachment Type Table.' This tells you what entries need to be made next to the 'AttachmentTypes' to allow your plane to "read" the new Weapons Pack files.

I see an entry for 'United States Navy' -- USN. Assuming that the loadout scheme for the F-14 is USN, that is the *only* entry you should have at the F-14's ATs. Anything *other* than USN, such as WP or NATO, will have to be deleted to get the F-14 to read the Weapons Pack USN weapons. Multiple entries are no longer supported when using the Weapons Pack.

You might have to go through this process with every third-party plane in your stable, unfortunately

Edited by Tristan

A loadout problem, that is, a problem getting weapons loaded onto a plane, is a separate problem from setting up custom planes so that you can fly them. Are you having problems doing both things?

I just got the game sunday and trying to fly or put planes in the game

I just got the game sunday and trying to fly or put planes in the game

There are two different ways to put flyable planes in the game:

1.) Download a complete package -- airframe, cockpit, and all -- and install it. This is what you'll be dealing with most of the time, complete packages.

2.) Download a custom cockpit which will make a plane that is installed in WOV, but not flyable by you -- such as a Russian Mig -- flyable.

In either of these two cases, it will just be a matter of dumping folders into your WOV directory. Every plane should be recognized immediately by WOV, and should fly without a hitch, unless the modder has seriously messed up somewhere.

Edited by Tristan

It sounds like there are some mods at cross-purposes here. Something deleted the engine sound file during an installation process, so you'll probably have to load that sound again into the Sounds folder to get the engine sounds back. Check the files that came with your F-14.

As for weapons -- weapons are classified differently in the add-on Weapons Pack from the way they are in the stock game. This is causing loadout problems in a lot of third-party aircraft. You're going to have to do what's know as a "data.ini edit" for your F-14 in order to get a full loadout with the Weapons Pack.

Inside your F-14 folder you'll see a file called 'F-14_data'. If you open that up and scroll down to the [Weapons] section, you'll see entries called 'AttachmentTypes'. These are hardpoints, and there will be a classification entered next to each one: WP, NATO... something along these lines. Sometimes you'll see multiple entries next to a single 'AttachmentType.'

Whatever the case may be, some of the entries at these 'AttachmentTypes' make the F-14 "blind" to a lot of the weapons in the new Weapons Pack, so you're going to have to do some editing. If you open up Bunyap's Weapons Pack manual, you'll see a table entitled 'Nation Name and Attachment Type Table.' This tells you what entries need to be made next to the 'AttachmentTypes' to allow your plane to "read" the new Weapons Pack files.

I see an entry for 'United States Navy' -- USN. Assuming that the loadout scheme for the F-14 is USN, that is the *only* entry you should have at the F-14's ATs. Anything *other* than USN, such as WP or NATO, will have to be deleted to get the F-14 to read the Weapons Pack USN weapons. Multiple entries are no longer supported when using the Weapons Pack.

You might have to go through this process with every third-party plane in your stable, unfortunately

OK, I'm in the process of replacing AGRS with USN within the file....a txt file named NATIONS.TXT is included with the other F14 files. Here are its contents and do you have any idea what I'm supposed to do with it

[NationXXX]

Name=AGRS

DisplayName=Aggressors

Alignment=ENEMY

PlayerFlyable=TRUE

Mercenary=FALSE

PilotNameList=NamesUS.lst

RankList=RanksUSAF.lst

CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst

Formation.Fighter=USFighter

Formation.Attack=USFighter

Formation.Bomber=USBomber

Formation.Transport=USBomber

Formation.Tank=USTank

Formation.MobileAD=USAD

PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT

GenderRatio=0

CampaignWinMusic=

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.cat

Medals=MedalsUSAF.ini

MedalTextFile=MedalsUSAF.str

Adding USN to the data ini file did show some additional sidewinders as being available, but the actual hardpoints in the load out GUI still show only 4 sidewinders and some fuel. Here are the contents of the loadout ini that came with the F14. Do I need to edit any of this one. Also there aren't any sound files with the F14 I downloaded. The original authour is a guy named wpnssgt.

// Station 1 = Sparrow Station 1

// Station 2 = Sparrow Station 2

// Station 3 = Sparrow Station 3

// Station 4 = Sparrow Station 4

// Station 5 = Phoenix Station 1

// Station 6 = Phoenix Station 2

// Station 7 = Phoenix Station 3

// Station 8 = Phoenix Station 4

// Station 9 = Sidewinder Station 1

// Station 10 = Sidewinder Station 2

// Station 11 = Missile Station 1

// Station 12 = Missile Station 2

// Station 13 = Missile Station 1bis

// Station 14 = Missile Station 2bis

// Station 15 = Fuel Station 1

// Station 16 = Fuel Station 1

[AirToAir]

Loadout[09].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[09].Quantity=1

Loadout[10].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[10].Quantity=1

Loadout[11].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[11].Quantity=1

Loadout[12].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[12].Quantity=1

Loadout[15].WeaponType=Tank330_F14

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[16].WeaponType=Tank330_F14

Loadout[16].Quantity=1

[AirToAirLongRange]

Loadout[09].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[09].Quantity=1

Loadout[10].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[10].Quantity=1

Loadout[11].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[11].Quantity=1

Loadout[12].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[12].Quantity=1

Loadout[15].WeaponType=Tank330_F14

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[16].WeaponType=Tank330_F14

Loadout[16].Quantity=1

Tristan, I added some data to the AllowedWeaponClass line in the data ini file. All weapons are now available. Previously all those lines for each station were empty. The line now looks like this:

AllowedWeaponClass=AHM,IRM,LGB,BOMB

Still no sound, though.

OK, I'm in the process of replacing AGRS with USN within the file....a txt file named NATIONS.TXT is included with the other F14 files. Here are its contents and do you have any idea what I'm supposed to do with it

[NationXXX]

Name=AGRS

DisplayName=Aggressors

Alignment=ENEMY

PlayerFlyable=TRUE

Mercenary=FALSE

PilotNameList=NamesUS.lst

RankList=RanksUSAF.lst

CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst

Formation.Fighter=USFighter

Formation.Attack=USFighter

Formation.Bomber=USBomber

Formation.Transport=USBomber

Formation.Tank=USTank

Formation.MobileAD=USAD

PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT

GenderRatio=0

CampaignWinMusic=

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.cat

Medals=MedalsUSAF.ini

MedalTextFile=MedalsUSAF.str

This looks like a file you would use if you wanted to install your F-14 into a campaign. I don't think this has anything to do with weapons loadout. I'd leave this alone.

Tristan, I added some data to the AllowedWeaponClass line in the data ini file. All weapons are now available. Previously all those lines for each station were empty. The line now looks like this:

AllowedWeaponClass=AHM,IRM,LGB,BOMB

Still no sound, though.

Hey, that's good news about the weps!

I guess I should add one thing here, in case you don't know already. The way things are set up for the stock weps and for the Bunyap's Weapons Pack, loadouts are now time-dependent.

So if you run into another situation where you only seem to have limited options regarding weaponry, constraints imposed by historical realism are probably the reason. I just don't want you to experience this sort of thing again and think that your game isn't running properly. Loadouts are being limited deliberately by the developers as part of gameplay.

As for sound...

Open the F-14 data.ini file again and scroll down to [sound]. Check out the EngineSoundName entry. If it is anything other than 'JetEngine', delete the entry and insert 'JetEngine' and see what happens (uppercase J, uppercase E, no quotes).

If that doesn't work, we'll see if we can try something else.

Edited by Tristan

Hey, that's good news about the weps!

I guess I should add one thing here, in case you don't know already. The way things are set up for the stock weps and for the Bunyap's Weapons Pack, loadouts are now time-dependent.

So if you run into another situation where you only seem to have limited options regarding weaponry, constraints imposed by historical realism are probably the reason. I just don't want you to experience this sort of thing again and think that your game isn't running properly. Loadouts are being limited deliberately by the developers as part of gameplay.

As for sound...

Open the F-14 data.ini file again and scroll down to [sound]. Check out the EngineSoundName entry. If it is anything other than 'JetEngine', delete the entry and insert 'JetEngine' and see what happens (uppercase J, uppercase E, no quotes).

If that doesn't work, we'll see if we can try something else.

downloaded some aircraft,and exstracted them. I put the folder in the wov/objects/aircraft file.I read I should be able to find them in the loadout menu. ITS NOT THERE. I looked in the wov/objects/aircraft folder and did find them.Could someone tell me what went wrong.Also where can I find complete aircraft. thanks

Make sure that the aircraft folders aren't nested within folders of the same name. That's an issue with WinRAR extractions.

downloaded some aircraft,and exstracted them. I put the folder in the wov/objects/aircraft file.I read I should be able to find them in the loadout menu. ITS NOT THERE. I looked in the wov/objects/aircraft folder and did find them.Could someone tell me what went wrong.Also where can I find complete aircraft. thanks

Hi, Allen

Thanks for hanging in there, and ditto what Fubar said. I'm assuming that what we're discussing here is a problem with an entire airplane, and not just a mod like a cockpit.

It's possible that you now have a sub-folder in the Aircraft folder that the game can't read. The only sub-folders that should be in the Aircraft folder are things with aircraft designations -- 'F-4e', 'MiG-17'... things like that.

Look for the sub-folder that you installed to the game's Aircraft folder; my guess is that it doesn't have the designation of the aircraft you are trying to run, but instead says something like 'Objects' or 'Aircraft'. Keep clicking on that folder until you get to the folder which has the designation of your plane on it -- 'F-8d', or whatever.

Drag and drop *that* folder, the one with the plane designation, into the game's Aircraft folder, where all the other plane subfolders are. Your aircraft should now show up in the game.

From now on, you need to make certain that any folders you put in the Aircraft folder have plane designations on them. If it doesn't say something like 'MiG-23', or 'F-14', the game won't be able to "see" the plane. It's the same deal when installing custom cockpits -- all of the pit information has to be installed to the folder of a specific airplane. Otherwise, the game won't 'see' the custom cockpit.

As for sources of plane downloads, all I can really say is check the CombatAce download section, and then the community links section. Everybody has his own favorite download site, I think.

Edited by Tristan