OilPressMaxRPM=35.0

OilPressIdleRPM=55.0

OilPressChangeRate=0.5

LowOilPress=12.0

LowOilTempDelta=400.0

SystemType=

InputName=

EngineID=

The first three entries extablish some basic information about the engine. For a jet, you'll set the SystemType to JET_ENGINE (as opposed to PROP_ENGINE). The InputName will usually be THROTTLE_CONTROL which ocrresponds to the keyboard/joystick input that will govern the engine. Finally, each individual engine requires a unique EngineID.

HasAfterburner=

NumAfterburnerStages=

Next you establish whether the engine has an afterburner (TRUE or FALSE) and if TRUE, the number of stages or "zones" the afterburner has.

SLThrustDry=

SLThrustWet=

ThrustAngles=

ThrustPosition=

Next you set up the thrust parameters. SLThrustDry is the engine's dry (military) thrust in Newtons. SLThrust wet is the thrust with full afterburner, also in Newtons. ThrustAngles and ThrustPosition set the point on the model where the thrust is generated, and the angle or direction of the thrust. The numbers represent the X,Y and Z axes, and are measured in meters from the model's center point. Note that in most circumstances, the angles and position should be set up so that the thrust line intersects the aircraft's center of gravity.

ThrottleRate=

I'm not 100% sure about this one, but I believe it is the speed with which the engine responds to your throttle inputs, the higher value being faster.

NozzleAnimationID=

The animation ID (established in MAX) for the engine/afterburner nozzle.

IdleThrottle=

IdleRPM=

IdleNozzle=

These settings (and similar settings for Cruise, Mil, Max and FullAB) set up the throttle position, engine RPM and the nozzle position for these five general throttle settings. I generally don't change these, although you can delete the FullAB settings if the engine has no afterburner.

AltitudeTableNumData=

AltitudeTableDeltaX=

AltitudeTableStartX=

AltitudeTableData=

This table sets up the engine's performance at various altitudes. You establish the number of entries (or data points) in your table(TableNumData), the distance between each point (in the F-4J, it is 3048 meters), the starting point (0 meters for this table) and finally the data points themselves. The data points for this table represents mutipliers that reduce engine power as altitude increases. For example, using the F-4J, we can see that at 6096 meters the engine's thrust is multiplied by .634, a reduction of 36% from the sea level thrust.

DryMachTableNumData=

DryMachTableDeltaX=

DryMachTableStartX=

DryMachTableData=

WetMachTableNumData=

WetMachTableDeltaX=

WetMachTableStartX=

WetMachTableData=

Sorry but I don't know what these do!

MaxInletTemperature=

The engine's max inlet temperature. I believe this is in degrees Celsius.

GyroscopicInertia=

Basically used to model engine torque. Not really useful for jets.

TSFCM0=

TSFCM1=

AfterburnerTSFC=

Total Specific Fuel Consumption at Idle power (entry 0), full Dry power (entry 1) and full afterburner power. Decreasing the values makes an engine more fuel efficient, incresing them makes it less efficient.

MinFuelFlow=

The engines minimum fuel flow at idle, I blieve this is in kilograms per minute. Fuel consumption never drops below this value.

ExhaustEmitterName=

ExhaustPosition=

The name of the exhaust effect emitter you want to use and the position on the model the exhaust should originate from.

AfterburnerNodeName=

AfterburnerEmitterName=

The name of the 3D mesh for the afterburner can, and the effect emitter you want to use for the afterburner flame.

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

These entries set up the engine's hit box for damage modeling.

FireSuppression=

Sets whether or not the engine has a fire suppression system.

GasTempMaxRPM=

GasTempIdleRPM=

GasTempChangeRate=

OverheatTemp=

DamageTempDelta=

OilPressMaxRPM=

OilPressIdleRPM=

OilPressChangeRate=

LowOilPress=

LowOilTempDelta=

Various temperatures and pressures, I believe these are mainly used for cockpit instrumentation.

• Like 1

A question was posted in another section about setting where the AB kicks in. Hope this helps others! :)

Under the engine entries for each aircraft (in that aircraft's data.ini), you'll find the following declarations for an afterburner-equipped model:

FullABThrottle=XXX

FullABRPM=XXX

I normally set the values, like so:

FullABThrottle=1.12 ; equates to 112% normal travel, or, "around the horn"

FullABRPM=1.00 ; equates to 100% RPMs

On multiple-engined craft, don't forget to set the same values for each engine :biggrin:

Now, on some aircraft, afterburner engagement is controlled through an outboard detent on the throttle quadrant. Due to the limitations of hardware (lack of support for this on available flight controllers), this feature isn't implemented in Strike Fighters, or, any other sim that I'm aware of.

• Like 1