Sign in to follow this  
Jug

In the Seat or Behind It.

I know other people have had this problem as I have read some of the solutions on this forum. I just cannot remember how to get the pilot to show up in the seat instead of behind it. (SFP1 SP4, MiG-21MF, add-on pilot ) I just finished a clean reinstall and am re-creating my aircraft fleet from add-ons (starting with what mods are available to the stock aircraft). Please, can anybody point me in the right direction?

I also have my F-15 fleet (all of them) on the runway ready for takeoff (one at a time), but they are jumping forward and back rapidly about 3 scale feet. Anybody else see this? Anybody got a fix?

Thanks

I know other people have had this problem as I have read some of the solutions on this forum. I just cannot remember how to get the pilot to show up in the seat instead of behind it. (SFP1 SP4, MiG-21MF, add-on pilot ) I just finished a clean reinstall and am re-creating my aircraft fleet from add-ons (starting with what mods are available to the stock aircraft). Please, can anybody point me in the right direction?

I also have my F-15 fleet (all of them) on the runway ready for takeoff (one at a time), but they are jumping forward and back rapidly about 3 scale feet. Anybody else see this? Anybody got a fix?

Thanks

which airfield? and do you have the quicker takeoff mod installed? There is/has been some issues with add on AC with that mod. If that is not the case, as Memnon sez, I defer to someone else on that one.

which airfield? and do you have the quicker takeoff mod installed? There is/has been some issues with add on AC with that mod. If that is not the case, as Memnon sez, I defer to someone else on that one.

Hey Mike how are you doing on the skining?

Would you like to try your hand at a desert A-10 skin :) ? I have one in mind that i think will blow your mind.

Is there a certain airfield that makes the aircraft act strange?

Edited by Agamemnon

Thanks, Rob, but for that skin I think you should give it to the Hrntfxr and perhaps he will guide me. He's still attempting to ween this grasshopper!!! LOL.....As far as the AF's go, I had a prob with the 3rd party A-7's on autopilot. For some reason when using Baffs QTO, they cartwheel all over the taxiway. I put everything into AF 4 for the Nam and AF 4 for Desert by making all the min base sizes to large, and just stay away from autopilot. I also notice that if you dilly dally too long prior to takeoff, your wingman will run over your butt, and 3 & 4 will screech and jump, again stay away from autopilot. It was better to fly off the EA-6B also. Now that I think about it, maybe I'll reload Baffs QTO with updates. A few things have been SNAFU'd since the latest patch.

It was a guess thats what may be his problem.

I have just been modding merrily away, and have been so delighted with fooling around with all mods available that I haven't flown enough to know which airfield I am at. It is the default airfield (D11?) you get directed to in the desert scenario if you don't change anything. I do not have the QT mod installed. I have all patches installed and the Microsoft's April issue of 9c installed.

The problem with my jerky aircraft on the pre-takeoff runway is, unfortunately, not limited to my F-15 fleet. All of my aircraft are straining at the bit to get airborne. Really irritating. As soon as you add the power, release the brakes and begin the TO roll, the aircraft settle down nicely.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Hi Gents,

Havn't made any changes to Quicker Take-offs for SP-4. Latest update was only for the runway light improvements. With regards to aircraft jerking forward and backwards, I don't recall seeing that particular behavior, but I don't have a lot of different types installed. Adjusting the SpringFactor and DampingFactor in the AircraftData.Ini has work best for me when trying to address odd behavior. Generally, I increase the DampingFactor so the number is closer to the Springfactor. For difficult ones, I sometimes make the DampingFactor higher than the spring factor. This has work in some situations.[see example below for F-86 Sabre] Aircraft with swing arm type landing gear seem to have the most issues, you might want to try using softer SpringFactor and a near equal DampingFactor. [i recall some success using that approach.] I suspect the Mod isn't for everyone, but if you don't mind doing some tweaking I think it's possible to get most aircraft working with it. Cheers. :)

[RightMainGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=7.0

RetractTime=7.0

AnimationID=2

DragArea=0.35

HideGearNode=TRUE

ModelNodeName=RightMainGearStrut

ShockNodeName=R_gear_piston

ShockAnimationID=6

ShockStroke=0.40