Hi,

is there an Airfield Editor for WOV or the possibility to change the look of an airfield by changing the taxiways or adding buildings or shelters? I tried to use the Terrain Editor, bud sadly i am not able to work with it ... :blink:

Thx

TheTracer

Hi,

is there an Airfield Editor for WOV or the possibility to change the look of an airfield by changing the taxiways or adding buildings or shelters? I tried to use the Terrain Editor, bud sadly i am not able to work with it ... :blink:

Thx

TheTracer

Adding buildings etc. is relatively easy but quite tedious. The information regarding type and position of ground objects is contained in the target.ini. Here is an example from Strike Fighters Project 1.

[TargetArea054]

Name=D3 Airfield

Position=229000.00,743000.00

Radius=6000

ActiveYear=0

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield6.ini

NumSquadrons=3

Target[001].Type=Runway6

Target[001].Offset=0.00,0.00

Target[001].Heading=0

Target[002].Type=Tower1

Target[002].Offset=-66.16,0.09

Target[002].Heading=0

Target[003].Type=windsock

Target[003].Offset=50.00,-1200.00

Target[003].Heading=180

Target[004].Type=windsock

Target[004].Offset=-50.00,-1200.00

The Target.ini for the stock WOV targets will be found in the Cat file within the WOV terrain folder. To modify the Target.ini, you will have to first extract a copy of it using the SFP1 extractor utility [available here at combat ace] After modifying the file, place it in the WOV terrain folder and the game will use the new file instead of the one contained in the Cat file. This is just a general overview of the procedure, for more details about modding the game, you will have to do some research. I would suggest looking through some of the help guides available at this site. Regards.