Sign in to follow this  
BOOM

dll failure (again)

I have tracked my 'dll' failure to the weapons folder. The problem is that when i use the weapon editor to modify any weapon even the slightest bit the thing crashes on my when i click on PLAY WOV and it says missile objec.dll failure or something to that effect. If i reinstall the pack it works perfectly again. (i checked the forum for other related topics and failed to find anything so please dont get mad at me if you know of another thread. :tomato:

Guest capun

Are you by any chance using an old weapons editor? That could cause the CTD

With SP4, a new editor is needed since new weapons features were added

oooooooooooooooooooo.That is why I had trouble with my A-4.I used a old weapon editor. :haha::cool:

where do i get it? The latest one in Utilites/editors is the one i used (11/8/04) and the ones that come in the pack wont start up when i click on them. (That happens when i extract the one that is downloaded sepratley too)

Guest capun

Check here and at Third Wire's download site

If you download the latest weapons pack (it's on the first page of the SF addon weapons page), it automatically 'installs' the newest weapon and gun editors. Not to mention you get a nice inventory of weapons.

where do i get it? The latest one in Utilites/editors is the one i used (11/8/04) and the ones that come in the pack wont start up when i click on them. (That happens when i extract the one that is downloaded sepratley too)

Did you remember to set compatibility with Windows 98? If you don't take this step, the editor won't open in XP.

How do i do that? I dont mean to sond liek an idiot but im not so shure i know how.

Right click on the exe (in this case WeaponEditor)

Select "Properties" from the menu

Click the Compatibility tab (furthest right)

Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" then select Windows 98 / Me

Click Apply or hit OK

That should do it.

Thanks for helping me with my stupid questions. Sorry to bother all of you.

The only stupid question is the question that remains unasked.

nd the ones that come in the pack wont start up when i click on them. (That happens when i extract the one that is downloaded sepratley too)

have you tried running in Windows 98 compatability?