Okay people, I'm new to this here sim.

Just picked it up last week actually.

But I have to say that after flyin' around in these vintage jets I am hooked !!!

So now that I am here for the duration , I have a couple of questions.

The only version that I have is WoE.

#1 How do I apply custom skins to my aircraft ?

#2 Can I download other aircraft and if so how do I apply them?

I would like to eventually get WoV but at the moment I can learn the basics on WoE.

I think for sheer fun and flyability this sim is awesome!!

P.S. I come from the Il-2/FB camp , so my modding experience is obviously limited. :wink:

Thanks.

Okay people, I'm new to this here sim.

Just picked it up last week actually.

But I have to say that after flyin' around in these vintage jets I am hooked !!!

So now that I am here for the duration , I have a couple of questions.

The only version that I have is WoE.

#1 How do I apply custom skins to my aircraft ?

#2 Can I download other aircraft and if so how do I apply them?

I would like to eventually get WoV but at the moment I can learn the basics on WoE.

I think for sheer fun and flyability this sim is awesome!!

P.S. I come from the Il-2/FB camp , so my modding experience is obviously limited. :wink:

Thanks.

#1 There is a Configuration "ini" file inside the directory of each aircraft. To get a skin to show up on an aircraft, you need a skin folder with the skin set inside of it, and the name and configuration of the skin set, aka "TextureSet", in the Configuration ini file.

Example: You download a skin set for a MiG-29 and load the skin folder inside your MiG-29 aircraft directory. Then, you look inside the MiG-29 skin folder for the TextureSet file. You copy the text data from the TextureSet file and paste it into the the aircraft's Configuration file (minding the TextureSet number sequence).

The skin should then show up as an option in the airplane loadout screen when you start a mission.

#2 Yes, you can download other aircraft, and it should be, for the most part, simply a drag-and-drop op to install the aircraft into WoE.

Edited by Tristan

#1 There is a Configuration "ini" file inside the directory of each aircraft. To get a skin to show up on an aircraft, you need a skin folder with the skin set inside of it, and the name and configuration of the skin set, aka "TextureSet", in the Configuration ini file.

Example: You download a skin set for a MiG-29 and load the skin folder inside your MiG-29 aircraft directory. Then, you look inside the MiG-29 skin folder for the TextureSet file. You copy the text data from the TextureSet file and paste it into the the aircraft's Configuration file (minding the TextureSet number sequence).

The skin should then show up as an option in the airplane loadout screen when you start a mission.

#2 Yes, you can download other aircraft, and it should be, for the most part, simply a drag-and-drop op to install the aircraft into WoE.

Thank you Tristan, I appreciate your response.

:good: