Sign in to follow this  
Wedge

Installation of the F-14A ?

I read through the F-14A setup:

3 steps are needed to get the F-14A to run in WOV:

1. Run the install for the F-14A pointing the install folder as Wings Over Vietnam. Make sure that you have the latest weapons pack installed. See the first bullet in this section for details.

2. If you own SFP1, extract the F-104_RADARMODE.TGA file from the \Objects\ObjectsData.cat file and copy to your \Objects\Aircraft\F-14A folder in WOV. If you don't own it, perhaps a friend might help :) Actually, since the art work is copywrited, go pick up SFP1. It can sometimes be found on the net for ~ $10 US.

3. Download and Launch the WeaponEditor.exe. Place it in the \Objects\Weapons folder. If you are using WinXP, you need to right-click on the WeaponEditor.exe, click properties, and change the Compatibility mode to Win98/ME. Once it is opened, click Open, and point to the WEAPONDATA.INI file, find the AIM-54A and AIM-54C, change their start year to 1973. Click OK and Save the WEAPONDATA.INI file.

Where do I get the original F-14A ? I looked in the download section and I didnt see a stock F-14A file (all I found was the "F-14A Aggressors" file.

I have the following installed:

SFP1, WOV, WOE all updated with the latest weapons pack.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks guys!

I downloaded the file along with Tomcats of Vietnam and put both in WOV. I didnt do any of the other steps in the above ... everything seems to work just fine.