Sign in to follow this  
ThomasJ

Older weapons packs available?

Hello, i've just got into strike fighters a few weeks ago. I suspect because of my vid card(mx420) i'm only able to patch to sp3. The newest weapons pack wont work either, i've downloaded twice and done numerous installs, and always get the missile.dll errors. Searching around i found a thread on SimHq from 2005 where someone with a similar problem was able to revert to an earlier pack and play without problems (jan 2005?). So i'm thinking the easiest thing would be to try some earlier weapons packs. Is there anyplace they're archived, or would someone be able to send me a zip ?

Thanks

I don't know if it's out there, Thomas. I've looked through my stored files, but deleted all the old whenever the new came out. Can you post exactly what your error message is? I may be wrong (read 60% of the time), but I think each new weapons pack adds on to the last, so I'm not sure the version is your problem. Perhaps someone with more computer knowledge can figure it out if they see your error message. I know from my experience that a .dll error using refers to a missing file, or a file that's misnamed. Also, do a search for missile.dll errors on this board and the mods board and you might find more information. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Edited by Heck

This is quoted directly from the Weapons pack pdf that comes with the newest weapons pack by Bunyap.

- I get an error and crash when starting the simulation. Something about the missileobject.dll…

There are three possibilities: your installation of Strike Fighters has not been patched to the current version, you used an obsolete version of the weapon editor to make changes, or you have set a rocket pod up to use a non-existent rocket.

You can also look here this is Bunyap's wikiapeda for the weapons and aircraft. It's pretty much the same as above. You may need to register but it is free and there is a wealth of info there so it's worth registering.

http://bunyap2w1.com/SFP1_Wiki/index.php?t...bject.ini_error

Edited by Agamemnon

This is quoted directly from the Weapons pack pdf that comes with the newest weapons pack by Bunyap.

- I get an error and crash when starting the simulation. Something about the missileobject.dll…

There are three possibilities: your installation of Strike Fighters has not been patched to the current version,

You can also look here this is Bunyap's wikiapeda for the weapons and aircraft. It's pretty much the same as above. You may need to register but it is free and there is a wealth of info there so it's worth registering.

Thanks, I had read that, that's why i was looking for a version compatible with sp3, i can't patch to sp4. I suppose i can manually add weapons when i download planes?

Hello, i've just got into strike fighters a few weeks ago. I suspect because of my vid card(mx420) i'm only able to patch to sp3. The newest weapons pack wont work either, i've downloaded twice and done numerous installs, and always get the missile.dll errors. Searching around i found a thread on SimHq from 2005 where someone with a similar problem was able to revert to an earlier pack and play without problems (jan 2005?). So i'm thinking the easiest thing would be to try some earlier weapons packs. Is there anyplace they're archived, or would someone be able to send me a zip ?

Thanks

Is that a GF 4 card? Have you tried SP4? I run SF/WOV patched to SP4 on a GF 3. Can't run with everything maxed but works OK.

Is that a GF 4 card? Have you tried SP4? I run SF/WOV patched to SP4 on a GF 3. Can't run with everything maxed but works OK.

It's in the GF 4 series, but the mx is really the cheapo card, inferior in many ways to a GF 3. I got Bob2 for christmas for example, and they list that it wont work with mx series cards but it will work with GF 3. Guess i'll have to suck it up until i can get a new vid card.

Edited by ThomasJ

Did you know:

With sp4 you need DirectX9 April '06 or later. Otherwise sim won't start.

Edited by csb