Sign in to follow this  
zagnut

Aces High II

Hey all,

I was surfing around and came acroos the aces high 2 website and I was wondering if anyone played. If so, is it worth it?

You don't need to ask other people what they think, try it for yourself!

1. You can download Aces High 2 and play in the pay-for arenas for free for 2 weeks with absolutely no obligations. They do not try to use any tricks to get you credit card number and take your money.

2. After the two weeks is over, you can still play online for free with up to 7 other people (8 all together), but someone has to act as the host.

From October 2000 to sometime around 2003 or 2004 I played Aces High extensively, but I got a real job in 2003 and got married that year too. What time I had left for sims I spent playing Operation Flashpoint with friends or flying F-4 Phantoms in Strike Fighters. I still keep up with the latest Aces High 2 patches. It works better than ever and is by far the best WW2 air combat sim in terms of flight model, gunnery, and damage. If they ever finish making Combat Tour or whatever they are calling it now, it will be the ultimate realistic campaign game as well. I might make some time to subscribe again when that comes out. I can't say enough about how good I think Aces High is. The only limit is that your fun depends on how the other people around you play. You can't make other people play the way you want to play.

The only limit is that your fun depends on how the other people around you play. You can't make other people play the way you want to play.

You have that right! I have flown many sims online and have learned that it certainly helps develop a level of tolerance for the actions of a few players.

I have been seeing the AH commercials on the Military channel and am intrested, too bad I have to wait until I can upgrade my PC because it's too much for mine at the moment :sad:

Aces High I ran well on just about any machine... but Aces High 2 cranked up the eye candy to try to compete with IL-2 as much as a MMOG could. Aces High 2 has been refined quite a bit and runs suprisingly well on my slower machines: P3 1.2GHz with Radeon 8500 128MB card can play it just fine with the settings at defaults... and that's at 1600x1200x32 with FSAAx2 and AFx16. However, if too many explosions, flak bursts, tracers, etc. are on the screen at one time, the CPU and its "slow" 133MHz bus/memory show their age.