Sign in to follow this  
suhsjake

Looking For Douglas B-26K Counter Invader

I am looking to see if someone has done the Douglas B-26K Vietnam era Light bomber, and if so, a link would be very nice.

But.....

If nobody has done it, I would very much appreciate if someone could build it, maybe, PLEASE.

Thanks,

suhsjake

Just some stuff I found that might be useful

SPECIFICATIONS:

Span: 71 ft. 6 in.

Length: 51 ft. 7 in.

Height: 19 ft.

Weight: 38,314 lbs. maximum

Armament: Eight .50 cal. nose guns, eight wing pylons capable of carrying 8,000 lbs. of mixed ordnance, and 4,000 lbs. of bombs internally

Engines: Two Pratt & Whitney R-2800-52Ws of 2,500 hp (maximum with water injection)

Crew: Two

Cost: $577,000

PERFORMANCE:

Maximum speed: 323 mph/281 knots

Range: 2,700 statute miles/2,346 nautical miles

Service ceiling: 30,000 ft.

Douglas B-26K Counter Invader

I was also wondering......

How to you add a squadron (I want to add the A-26B) to one of the stock campaigns? I want to add a squadron so I can bomb North Vietnam.

Get the SFP1 editing notes from Combatace or go to the Knowledge base. USAFMTL did a tremendous amount of work putting a lot of info into the Knowledge base for editing the sim. Read the Knowledge base and if any more questions,just ask.

If you download the A-26B you can just change the names in the relevant files and folders to make it into a B-26K, adjust availability dates and get a relevant skin for it.

Like Ezlead said, you need to get hold of the SF editing notes and study the knowledge base. It takes time to get to know how to edit things to your taste in SF/WOV/WOE, but it is well worth the effort.

Also, a word of advice. Try not to post requests for stuff you want on the forums, as there are lots of highly dedicated modders out there who spend a lot of their spare time creating new aircraft etc. There are probably more (combat) aircraft already for the series than any other sim, so learn how to tweak the ones available to your liking and enjoy what the community produces.

FYI the B-26K was renamed A-26K shortly after going into service in SEA because the Thai government refused to have bombers stationed on its territiory, so the USAF got round this by redesignating it as an attack aircraft. The main differences between the Korean war era B-26 and B-26K were internal modifications made to strengthen the wing spas to increase the life of the airframe. In terms of the flight model in the game, I don't thinks changes in the strength of wing spa would really change gameplay all that much....

Edited by bernard

Guest capun

The B-26K CounterInvader is basically an A-26B without the gun turrets, with more and heavier duty wing pylons and with wingtip tanks.

There are no current plans to make a B-26K from the A-Team, but Pasko has it in his list to do

I must appologize. I never meant to be rude. Thanks for being helpful. I am a modder of CNC generals, and I am messing around with WOE right now to get the B-26B in the campaign and modify it.

Thanks Everybody.

suhsjake

Okay,

I am trying to modify the stock campaign for WOE. I can't find the Data file for it. I think it is in the flight folder but its in a security catelog.

How do I get into it, or what editor do I need to download.

Your help much appreciated,

suhsjake

(the noob to modding WOV and WOE)

Okay,

I am trying to modify the stock campaign for WOE. I can't find the Data file for it. I think it is in the flight folder but its in a security catelog.

How do I get into it, or what editor do I need to download.

Your help much appreciated,

suhsjake

(the noob to modding WOV and WOE)

This is the utility that you need. Unzip and use it to open any .cat file. Also i believe the file you are looking for is in the terrain folder.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=343

I will try that. I found the main data in the mission data folder. But, I added the A-26B squadron, but I get a ramdom unit that I can't do anything with including the loadout.