Sign in to follow this  
foxear

There is no modeling of MK 46 ASW homing Torpedo in weapon pack

There is no modeling of MK 46 ASW homing Torpedo in latest weapon pack!!!! :ohmy:

I use TornadoPackage to enter the game after choosing MK 46 ASW homing Torpedo, but I can not see that weapon..........

I may well be wrong but I don't believe that the Tornado is equipped to use the Mk. 46 torpedo.

ASW isn't their role.

Hi there , i happened to be making a carrier mission the other night and was using the frs2 harrier . The loadout ( which i had not changed ) was set to the same torpedos for anti-ship and i had the same problem , they seem to be loaded but as you said the model does not show :(

Edited by bigal1

Make sure that there is a .lod associated with the mk 46's entry in the weapondata.ini in your install.

There is a model out there, but I can understand why it wasn't included in the weapons pack.

As I recall, this was a bit of an issue during the release of Tainted Cigar. The Mk 46 was included in the armement of the DD's in that campaign, but it's actual lod file was not included. You see, we used the Sumner-Fram models, which did not have torpedo tube animations, We felt that it would have looked ridiculous having torpedo models "floating" in the air above that particular ship-model's deck.

vikingdropmk46dk1.jpg

The Mk46 ASW and the Mk46M5 "fish" are both missing, they are listed

in the WEAPONDATA.INI(#238 & #239), but are not in the Weps folder.

Where are the .LODs for them? Don't care if the 46's float above the

deck on a FRAM "Can", consider it a minor issue.

Bwf.

Guest capun

If you kept one of the older weapons packs, it should be there. Can't remember how far back thought

Problem there, got involved with SFP-1 and WoV after the last Weps Pak had been issued.

Never had any of the old ones, are any of them still around?

Bwf.

Edited by Bwf