Sign in to follow this  
rhugouvi

Computer Specs to run JT?

'Lo all!

I've been following the development of this promising sim for quite a while now, and since my good ol'PC is about to break down, I've been wondering what my new one should look like? Gamewise I mean: how many GHz, how much RAM and so on, so that JT runs smoothly.

Thanks!

Rhugouvi

'Lo all!

I've been following the development of this promising sim for quite a while now, and since my good ol'PC is about to break down, I've been wondering what my new one should look like? Gamewise I mean: how many GHz, how much RAM and so on, so that JT runs smoothly.

Thanks!

Rhugouvi

Hi rhugouvi,

At the moment, I'd recommend a GeForce 6600 card (or the equivalent ATI), in a a 2Ghz or better computer. JT's engine isn't much tied to CPU right now, it's more graphic card related.

An important factor for JT (and probably any other current flight sim) is to have 1GB RAM. With 512MB RAM it runs, but as at the moment we don't have definitive optimizations regarting memory charge/discharge, so 1GB is recommended to run smoothly the current test version.

So, what matters is how much RAM, graphic cards capacity, and processor GHz, in that order of importance.

Ok, thanks! Hope I'll have some money left to buy the game... Of course I will!

BTW, in which countries do you plan to release JT?

We have a publisher proposal that covers whole world as distribuition territory, so, it'll be available in most countries where you can buy a pc game in the store. Even without such publishing coverage, we can somehow use digital delivery methods(self publishing, website download delivery).