I am editing Burning Sands 1983 a little for personal use.. I try to change the fictional part to the Gulf war 1993. Just to get a more real life touch..

My problem is that I edited the campaign2_data file to all aircraft I have in my SF1 map. But in the campaign missions planes show up which are not in the data file.. usally it's the F104 starfighter for both Iraq and USAF. On some occasions a AN-12 cup or C130 shows up.

Why is this.. all these planes are not in my data file !

I attached my campaign file for anybody who want to help.

campaign_1993.txt

I found that in one of my addon campaigns, one of the a/c entries had a typo (2 letters from name were missing), so the game didn't recognise the a/c type and it allocated an A4 Skyhawk instead.

I did have A4's allocated in campaign bu not sure if game added one of them or a A4 model that wasn't allocated.

I found this out because if I tried to fly the a/c (that had typo), wrong a/c would load at briefing.

So check for typo's inc whether - dash or _underline.

PS I checked your ini and a/c spellings are consistent.

Edited by csb

I found that in one of my addon campaigns, one of the a/c entries had a typo (2 letters from name were missing), so the game didn't recognise the a/c type and it allocated an A4 Skyhawk instead.

I did have A4's allocated in campaign bu not sure if game added one of them or a A4 model that wasn't allocated.

I found this out because if I tried to fly the a/c (that had typo), wrong a/c would load at briefing.

So check for typo's inc whether - dash or _underline.

PS I checked your ini and a/c spellings are consistent.

I already checked that.. I had a Iraqi plain with soviet markings, due to that error I checked all lines.

Yesterday I started a new campaign to check some things out, then all problems were sold.

I think changing the data file during a campaign may gives problems... I will try a starting a new campaign tomorrow to see if all problems are solved.. then I can finally shoot down those Iraqi Mig 23 & 29's and Mirage F1' s ... I can't wait to start.

:diablo:

Edited by FooFighters