Sign in to follow this  
Aintry

Minimalist Sky Mod

File Name: Minimalist Sky Mod

File Submitter: Tristan

File Submitted: 23 Nov 2006

File Category: SF Maps/Terrain Mods

First of all, I don't claim this mod package as mine; the raw material belongs to Thirdwire. I just messed around with some of the stock tiles.

This enviro package is the product of boredom; I wanted to see if I could alter in-game light intensity and dynamics using the stock sky textures alone as the bases for a mod.

Accordingly, the stock textures have been shuffled and squashed, greyscaled and highlighted, and generally beaten into submission for the sake of this project.

'Overcast' and 'Inclement' horizon textures, however, have been left unaltered and are, therefore, not included in this mod package.

Provided you haven't installed any other horizon mods, your game will simply continue drawing on the stock 4x and 5x tile sets when run with this sky mod.

I should add that, if you're looking for horizon textures worthy of a landscape mural, this mod is definitely not for you! I've taken a decidedly *minimalist* approach to sky modding here.

I have included a modded cloud texture for added entertainment value. It isn't a graphical masterpiece by any by any stretch of the imagination, but it is something that I think goes reasonably well with the modded horizon tiles.

I have also included a modified 'EnvironmentSystem.ini' file. Simply delete this file if you prefer the stock environment settings.

Thanks in advance for trying out this mod. And thanks, TK and Thirdwire, for all the raw material.

Tristan

Click here to download this file