Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

Strike Fighters Training Music Pack

File Name: Strike Fighters Training Music Pack

File Submitter: allenjb42

File Submitted: 4 Oct 2005

File Category: SF Sound Mods

Strike Fighters Training Music Pack Readme

This music pack is intended, as the name suggests, for a Modern training installation, although it can be used for any 1980s and afterwards installation, especially if you're flying USN jets. I hope this pack provides appropriate menu music for your enhanced enjoyment of this great game.

Installation:

If you want to keep the original music you need to backup the following files from your Strike Fighters/Menu folder:

MainScreen.wav

SingleMissionScreen.wav

HangarRadio1.wav

DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilled.wav

OptionsScreen

You may also need to backup the loading.wav in your Strike Fighters/Flight folder if you want to use one of the loading .wav files

All you need to do then is to extract the files in this pack to the Menu and Flight folders as appropriate, load up the game and enjoy the music.

There are also some bonus tracks that never made my final cut, but you may like to use them. If so then rename them by deleting bonus from the name and then put them in the menu folder instead.

Track Listing:

MainScreen.wav - 'Main Theme' from 'The Final Countdown'

SingleMissionScreen.wav - 'General Quarters' from 'The Final Countdown'

HangarRadio1.wav- 'Danger Zone' from 'Top Gun'

DebriefSuccess.wav - 'Top Gun Anthem' from 'Top Gun'

DebriefSuccessbonus.wav - dialogue excerpt from 'Top Gun'

DebriefFail.wav - 'Mighty Wings' from 'Top Gun'

DebriefFailbonus.wav - dialogue excerpt from 'Top Gun'

DebriefKilled.wav - 'Memories' from 'Top Gun'

DebriefKilledbonus.wav - dialogue excerpt from 'Top Gun'

OptionsScreen - 'Take My Breath Away' from 'Top Gun'

loading.wav - dialogue excerpt from 'Top Gun'

loadingbonus.wav - dialogue excerpt from 'Top Gun'

All of the above music tracks are free downloads from various record company websites in various formats and have been converted to the correct format for use in game by me. The dialogue excerpts are free downloads from various .wav sites on the net. There are therefore no file sharing issues in respect of this music pack.

Thanks to Dfang for getting me into the music biz, so to speak.

As an added bonus, I've also included a selection of unit patches that you may wish to use as desktop shortcuts to your Strike Fighters training install, and thanks to Wrench for his inspiration in doing this (imitation being the sincerest form of flattery!).

Start off by extracting the icon you want to your Strike Fighters Training folder.

Now, if you haven't got one already, you need to make a shortcut on your desktop by navigating to your Strike Fighters training install and right clicking on the green aeroplane icon and selecting 'send to desktop'.

Next go to your desktop and right click on the green aeroplane icon that's now there, and rename it Strike Fighters Training or some such.

Then right click again on the icon and select 'properties' and then left click on 'Change Icon'. You'll see a browse button that you need to left click and then you can navigate to where you extracted your chosen icon and left click on it. You'll need to select 'all files' in the 'types of file' box. All you do then is to click 'open, ok, apply and ok in that order.

Your chosen icon will now be on your desktop and you're now just a double click away from some gut wrenching dogfighting action up against the best of the best....

Enjoy.

Allen

Click here to download this file