Sign in to follow this  
NeverEnough

Incredible Growth In A Short Period Of Time

I just downloaded FE on Saturday, and in one week's time the community has developed some incredible additions! We got new skins, mission sets, new planes, and have made every plane in the sim flyable. You folks are amazing.....

For those adventurous souls, Bibbo posted a new EnvironmentalSystem.INI for the Korea terrain update on SimHQ. I just changed the Latitude= value to 34.00 as in the original FE EnvironmentalSystem.INI, dropped it into the Flight folder with the SkyMod tga's, and BAM! The world looks GOOD!

I just downloaded FE on Saturday, and in one week's time the community has developed some incredible additions! We got new skins, mission sets, new planes, and have made every plane in the sim flyable. You folks are amazing.....

For those adventurous souls, Bibbo posted a new EnvironmentalSystem.INI for the Korea terrain update on SimHQ. I just changed the Latitude= value to 34.00 as in the original FE EnvironmentalSystem.INI, dropped it into the Flight folder with the SkyMod tga's, and BAM! The world looks GOOD!

To keep it accurate, you should set the latitude value to 48.

48 degrees is roughly the latitude of Paris, France. 34 degrees would put the action somewhere around Morocco.

Thanks Fubar for the latitude adjustment (sounds like a Corona beer commercial). I made the mis-guided assumption that the stock FE EnvironmentSystem latitude value was correct. Obviously a bad assumption. I checked the Nato Fighters EnvironmentSystem latitude, and it was 50, which probably is just exactly where it should be!