File Name: Minimalist Sky Mod, Part II

File Submitter: Tristan

File Submitted: 1 Dec 2006

File Category: SF Maps/Terrain Mods

Minimalist Sky Mod, Pt II.

--------------------------

CONTENTS--

I.) Blank Horizon Textures

Enclosed are blank horizon textures for use by people who don't want any 2d cloud formations on the horizon when they play 'SFP1/WoV/WoE'. You can use some sets and leave the others uninstalled, or you can use all of them.

Blank horizon textures have an especially oppressive effect in the 'Overcast' and 'Inclement' modes that some people might like.

TO INSTALL:

1.) Back up your game's 'FLIGHT' folder.

2.) Open the enclosed folder of whatever weather mode you want to modify, i.e., 'Clear', 'Scattered', etc.

3.) Drag the corresponding horizon textures to your 'FLIGHT' folder. The game will continue to use the default horizon textures in modes in which blank textures are not used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

II.) EnvironmentSystem.ini Tweak

The enclosed file changes some of the settings used in the 'EnviromentSystem.ini' file distributed with the first part of the 'Minimalist Sky Mod'.

The most noticeable change will be in the sun settings, which have been much toned down for head-on viewing. I didn't like the "supernova" effect produced with my first file mod, and I thought others might prefer less intense glare from the sun.

TO INSTALL:

1.) Back up the 'EnvironmentSystem.ini' file inside your game's 'FLIGHT' folder. If there is no file present, skip this step and proceed to step 2.).

2.) Drag the enclosed 'EnvironmentSystem.ini' file to your game's 'FLIGHT' folder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: There are no restrictions whatever against the distribution and use of these files. Do with them what you will.

Tristan

Click here to download this file