Sign in to follow this  
Pancho

Need Some Help -- Adding New Airfields to FE

Hi all,

I'm working on a Second Battle of the Marne campaign for FE. Almost done.

Last problem: I need to add some more airfields in the western part of the Verdun map.

Now, I can get the airfields into the game. Problem is, they need to be placed on the tile properly to avoid conflicting with existing buildings and trees.

What's the best tool to use for searchng the Verdun map for spots to place the airfields?

Any other advice?

Thanks!

You need the terrain editor to start with and it is not a user friendly device.

Hi all,

I'm working on a Second Battle of the Marne campaign for FE. Almost done.

Last problem: I need to add some more airfields in the western part of the Verdun map.

Now, I can get the airfields into the game. Problem is, they need to be placed on the tile properly to avoid conflicting with existing buildings and trees.

What's the best tool to use for searchng the Verdun map for spots to place the airfields?

Any other advice?

Thanks!

I've managed to fit airfield's around trees and buildings in the strike fighters desert terrain. It is very much trial and error. Also, if FE has a high tree and building density it might not be possible. And you need perfectly flat terrain as well, or the runway BitMaps will disappear into the ground or hang in the air. Most likly place to find a bit of flat terrain is around cities. Otherwise, terrain editor time. Regards.