*Mass

*Engine power

*Top speed (122 mph at ~3000feet)

*Bouncing nose

Didnt fix

*Dive characteristics

As before dl and rename to .ini

Tex

Edit: Damn it still not quite right on the speed... will update tomorrow...

Edit: Ok fixed the speed, also made sure it was based on latest version of EmID´s data.ini file, fixed the bouncing with increased pitch damper

Edit: Ok Im hungover and stoopid today... attached two files... the one attched now is the correct one...

N28_data.txt

Edited by TexMurphy

While at it I added one more thing.

*AIData added. Not ballanced uniquely for this plane yet. Uses the same values as the Camel, shouldnt be too bad as they are quite similar to fly.

Testers please provide input on how well your wingmen fly.

Also EmID a few requests.

*Propeller looks very bad from some angles. Got to F6 mode. look straight at plane, looks great. Then go about 45 degrees to side and 45 degrees up and you will se it become a octagon and very dark. You see this from many angles and it does look bad because you see this alot when you fight the enemy. One reason it looks wiered is due to it beeing sooo dark. I know its hard to make it see able and yet not too dark. One way could be to have a darker edge of the texture and a lighter mid area, that way the effect of a sping thing is there but you dont have a black disk in front of the plane.

*Glas, please please please do the glass as nicely as A-Team does on their model it does so much for immersion.

Tex

N28_data.txt

Ive found a few errors in the data.ini file I will fix them so please wait for the fixes before you release.

Also Ive noted one thing. The plane dives extreamly well and can reach 220mph in a dive and easily recover it. The N28 was known for its fabric ripping of the top wing in dives, meaning not good dive characteristics. I will try to do something about this that would mimic the problem of ripping wings. We cant do wings destroying by speed but Im thinking maybe we could model some compression characteristics. I will look at it when I look at the other issues.

Tex

Actually the plane had very good diving characteristics. It was pulling out of the dive that caused the wing fabric to shed. :grin:

http://www.airminded.net/n28/n28.html

See the service issues section.

Just had a big hoo-rah with the latest rendition and a bunch of Fokker DVIIfs. That was FUN! This thing is really coming along very nicely.

EmlD, I don't know what did it but the frame rate problem seems to have been cured...is for me anyway. I didn't get a chance to check out the damage model yet but I will.

Tex, I tried to spot the prop problem you described but I couldn't see it. Looked fine from all angles to me. Again, great job on tweaking the FM.

Good job EVERYONE! :good:

I concure the frame rate is much much better... only one thing.. you might wana take a look at the shadow on the ground... its rendering without wings... Id say thats a minor issue though..

Tex

Hi! Nice doing... now:

Firs of all, i don't see as much as you... 3d engine of my GeforceFX is dead, i bought an Radeon on 3rd january, but it is not shipped yet (ebay :sorry: )

Propeller question... i didn't spote anything you have described. Do you see it on Static, Slow or on Fast prop node?

Front glass... can you post a screenshot of the glass, like you want to have on N28 (i have no A-Team planes yet)

There is no glass now (just a hole :biggrin: ), but i gonna rework the whole front frame and add a glass to it... One thing i know for sure, glass and frame have to be 2 separate meshes because of glass transparency... So i will apply a shader with transparent TGA (maybe the one from fast prop?...) to glass polygons and a Standart shader to the frame.........soon :yes:

Thank you all!

EDIT: Please check new shadow, does it have wings? I am glad about the solwed FPS problem!

Edited by EmlD

Guest capun
Hi! Nice doing... now:

Firs of all, i don't see as much as you... 3d engine of my GeforceFX is dead, i bought an Radeon on 3rd january, but it is not shipped yet (ebay :sorry: )

Propeller question... i didn't spote anything you have described. Do you see it on Static, Slow or on Fast prop node?

Front glass... can you post a screenshot of the glass, like you want to have on N28 (i have no A-Team planes yet)

There is no glass now (just a hole :biggrin: ), but i gonna rework the whole front frame and add a glass to it... One thing i know for sure, glass and frame have to be 2 separate meshes because of glass transparency... So i will apply a shader with transparent TGA (maybe the one from fast prop?...) to glass polygons and a Standart shader to the frame.........soon :yes:

Thank you all!

Why don't you just use the stock glass TGA? Apply it as a map to a Max Material, set the transparency at 99 to see how it looks in Max and then adjust to the proper transparency.

Thanx capun, you gave me idea to edit stock TGA and don't to crate a new one...

Check the "new" cockpit glass...ask if propositions..

Fixed the "no wings problem" on the shadow...tell me, is it fixed? (i see no shadow at all)

And how is the new FM from Tex?

The end is near! :clapping:

EDIT: here little N28 rendered..

N28_s.jpg

Edited by EmlD

Im liking the glass!! It could be a bit darker texture but its nice...

Imho the FM feels nice... I do wana run a few more tests to see how the AI does against AI...

Would like to hear from some authority like Capun what he thinks about it..

Tex

Edit: You know I love that render... cant you use it as a hangar screen???

Edited by TexMurphy

Few art things...

First the prop...

img00061yb5.th.jpg

click it..

Then the mono plane version... look at the wires.. maybe they should be attached to the upper wing instead... dont know...

img00062le5.th.jpg

click it..

More on the mono wing....

Hmm you know its almost so that one WANTS TO loose them wings... it flies better and faster without the wings... speed going up is natural as drag goes down but Im thinking of lowering the lift of all wings so that it stalls much earlier when missing wings... what do you think???

Tex

EDIT:

IN the cockpit.ini change to the following parameters

MaxYaw=170

MinYaw=-170

this will give a nice check six view...

Edited by TexMurphy

I can replace the prop cone with another one with more polygones...it should help.....but will it help?

Wires, that you show, are linked to Middle parts of lower wings, so if you lose this part, they wil got detouched. I try to add the same "detouchNode wire" line to upper wings...hope it helpes!

New hangar screen added.

Thank you!

N28.rar updated, last time for today...i must work tomorrow in the morning

DMOD2.jpg

and here

DMOD3.jpg

Thanx and good night!

Hmm you know its almost so that one WANTS TO loose them wings... it flies better and faster without the wings... speed going up is natural as drag goes down but Im thinking of lowering the lift of all wings so that it stalls much earlier when missing wings... what do you think???

If the lowering of the lift won't influe normal flight and fight characteristics... why not..

With actual settings, the monoplane, soon or far, will go down either :grin:

EmlD

Well it does influence the fight characteristics... lower lift means higher stall speed... higher stall speed means less low speed tight manouvers...

What I will do is that I will compare the wing surface area with the other planes then I will compare the lift with planes that have similar wing surface area and make sure they are in the same ballpark. I think thats as good as we can get it.

Tex

:ok: Tex, but it is a lot of work... Thank you for angagemount ...

Do you know, how can i apply the _holes.tga to make holes in the wings etc.. whe wings are not damaged or detouched yet?

EmlD

Its not that much work... Ill look at it when I get home...

I have no idea about the holes or anything arty... but I do have alot of opinions.. ;) Would be great if you can get the holes sorted.. the damaged nodes look great with the wood structure... the total result with the wood structure and ripped fabric would be spectacular!!

Tex

Guest capun
:ok: Tex, but it is a lot of work... Thank you for angagemount ...

Do you know, how can i apply the _holes.tga to make holes in the wings etc.. whe wings are not damaged or detouched yet?

EmlD

The holes are applied via the plane.ini file. For example the Be-2D plane, you make tga files with the holes for all the corresponding main texture maps. In this case we use two texture maps. Be2-s.bmp and Be2-t.bmp, so we have two files Be2-s_HOLES.tga and Be2-t_HOLES.tga

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=BE.2D Quirk

AircraftDataFile=BE-2D_Data.ini

CockpitDataFile=BE-2D_Cockpit.ini

LoadoutFile=BE-2D_LOADOUT.INI

HangarScreen=BE-2D_Hangar.bmp

LoadoutImage=BE-2D_loadout.bmp

LoadingScreen=BE-2D_loading.bmp

[LOD001]

Filename=BE-2d-R1.lod

Distance=8000

[DamageTexture]

DamagedPostFix=_Holes.tga

DestroyedPostFix=_Shredded.tga

N.28.rar updated....

Just adding the DL link in a more convenient spot; I keep forgetting what page its on...

Thanks EmID, Tex, and everybody else offering advice. It is a lot of fun, and a great learning experience, just following this thread...

N28.rar is always under the same link posted on first page :rolleyes:

Holes done, enjoy!

Thank you Capun! :good:

And here some fun:

EDIT:

N28_tabel.jpg

:crazy:

Edited by EmlD

Ok on subject of Lift...

SE5a has a total wing area of 24m2 according to wikipedia

N28 has a total wing area of 16m2 according to wikipedia

If you look at the lift CLa and CL0 of the SE5a and N28 you see that they are identical... iirc you said somewhere back that you started with the SE5a flight model...

This means that Im fixing the lift...

Will hopefully post new _data.ini file tonight.

Tex

There is one thing. There are two Nieuports

1. Nieuport 28, Wing area 16qm, empty mass 435 kg

2. Nieuport 28 C.1 Wing area 20qm, empty mass 533 kg <------------------------------------------actual, we are working on

am i right? I saw different datas around in internet.... as

here,

here

and here

If it is right, number 2 is the one we are working on lol :tomato:

your right and Im the moron... though Im totally confused wtf is going on with the FM... nothing is right today....

NP, i was wondering, after you changed the empty mass from 533 to 475 and area wasn't changed....so i am an m0r0n, i noticed that and forgot about the Empty mass;

But now i will update with mass 533, and area leave 20m2. And i wasn't sure, if there are 2 planes or internet posts with falce (mistaken) data..

:grin:

EDIT: updated

Edited by EmlD