Has anyone played the new Il2- 1946 game which has all the addons plus plenty of new stuff? I buyed it and it's great! Only thing is that in the main screen and sometimes while loading it, it freezes and throws in to desktop without any notice. I wonder is it a somekind of bug. The game plays otherwise perfectly although I doesn't have the fastest machine ( Amd sempron3200+, GeForce 6500, 512mb) . So is there any patch available yet? I haven't found it on their webpages .

Thank you already! :yes:

-Matti-

I'll probably buy 1946 but I already have ILFB AEP and PF so it kind of bites to have to get it for 5-10% more content and then have to patch it!

I'll probably buy 1946 but I already have ILFB AEP and PF so it kind of bites to have to get it for 5-10% more content and then have to patch it!

I haven't gotten it yet but plan to..more planes,more misisons,and campains.

I was on the fence myself... finally went ahead and got it... and I'm glad I did! For me, the improved FM's alone were worth getting it. Oh, and the new what-if planes are kind of spiffy too!

I haven't gotten it yet but plan to..more planes,more misisons,and campains.

Dagger, does CombatAce have any kind of link to GoGamer that would reflect any credit back to CA for orders placed thru it?

The best reason I can think of to get it is Starforce! Apparently the original had Starforce and 1946 does not!!!

Crockett12

Dagger, does CombatAce have any kind of link to GoGamer that would reflect any credit back to CA for orders placed thru it?

Not that I'm aware of...it would be nice but they've been really great in helping with our contests.

Has anyone played the new Il2- 1946 game which has all the addons plus plenty of new stuff? I buyed it and it's great! Only thing is that in the main screen and sometimes while loading it, it freezes and throws in to desktop without any notice. I wonder is it a somekind of bug. The game plays otherwise perfectly although I doesn't have the fastest machine ( Amd sempron3200+, GeForce 6500, 512mb) . So is there any patch available yet? I haven't found it on their webpages .

-Matti-

Thes game ruls!

The best reason I can think of to get it is Starforce! Apparently the original had Starforce and 1946 does not!!!

Crockett12

What's 'STARFORCE' ?

-Matti-

Yes, It's good The choice of flyable fighter aircraft is impressive; Mustangs, Spitfires, Hellcats.. Messerscmitts, Focke Wulf's.. just about everything

The only possible drawback is that the only flyable heavy bomber is an antiquated rustbucket called the Tupolev TB-3 while the best heavy bombers of the war, like the B-17, B-24 & B-29 remain computer (AI)controlled aiicraft..

I just got it last week and I love it! It would be nice if the heavy bombers were flyable, but I am happy with the Pe-2 and He-111. It's going to take some time before I get the hang of the bombsight. Although my connection won't allow my to play online, UberDemon's QMG will make single playing more interesting.

<br />What's 'STARFORCE' ?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

A copy protection measure. Not a particularly nice one at that. So bad in fact that many people will avoid a program if it utilizes StarForce.

One new patch at ubisoft sight for IL2 1946,takes game to V4.08.

Edited by gumpy

.. i made my own patch. All my freinds had the merged so i saved them the hassel of buying the game. Maddox is not happy :rofl: