I put together a A-6B,From colums 5 A-6A.And pappychksix skin.But I can not find what the plane carried on a mission? :crazy::blush:

For a Typical SEAD mission the A-6B would carry either 2 AGM-45 Shrikes on stations 1 and 5 (the outer two most pylons on the wings) then carry 2 AGM-78 Standard ARMs on the inner two wing stations (stations 2 and 4) with a 300 gal drop tank on the center line. For long range the two Standards would be dropped and an additional pair of 300 Gal drop tanks would go on the inner stations and depending on how badly a hole needed to be opened up either a pair of Shrikes or a pair of Standard ARMs would be carried.

Typical mission profile for an A-6B would be to loiter just over the beach or just near an ingress/egress route for an Alpha Strike at high altitude trolling for a North Vietnamese SAM site to light them up. Then turn and fire a missile down their throats. There would usually be two airborne, one to cover the ingress point (where the Alpha strike went in country) and another to cover the egress route (where the Alpha strike would come out). They would never follow the strike to the target, rather USN doctrine would be that A-4's or A-7's armed with Mk20's and rockets would go and hunt the air defense sites along the route. Collectively in USN and USMC doctrine these missions were (and still are) referred to as IRON HAND. Wild Weasel was strictly a USAF term.

THANKS for the replies.I'll post a screen shot when I get the loadout done!