Sign in to follow this  
LloydNB

DH2 - 14 Squadron - Available

The start of an all doped DH.2 that operated against the Ottoman Empire in 1917. Hopefully it will be a couple of days fiddling with the decals and then I can release it.

img00008.jpg

As David Hasdell has already started working through the RFC Camel squadrons, I might work on some Belgian Camels instead.

LloydNB

Edited by LloydNB

Great work! Seems that I can see a little "shine" on the fabric,,, goood stuff. Thanks for you work.

I agree about glossiness on a lot of the skins so far. They tend to be a bit matt, but its easily fixed. Even clear doped linen is quite shiny so I'll try to depict it.

LloydNB

Here are the latest shots. I'm still trying to do the damage model for the DH.2, which is tricky because of how PSP 9 mucks about with the tga files.

img00009.jpg

img00010.jpg

LloydNB

Here are the latest shots. I'm still trying to do the damage model for the DH.2, which is tricky because of how PSP 9 mucks about with the tga files.

img00009.jpg

img00010.jpg

LloydNB

Sweet! Waiting in line for this one. :clapping:

In case you take requests, perhaps a No.24 Squadron with the "sawtooth" pattern on the bottom of the fuselage?

JFM

When I've managed to do decent Khaki-green doped upper surfaces, I think you can expect No.24 Squadron to be done. I've got a good photo of the saw-tooth effect under the nacelle but there is no mention of the colour. I presume its white on a green background.

LloydNB

JFM

When I've managed to do decent Khaki-green doped upper surfaces, I think you can expect No.24 Squadron to be done. I've got a good photo of the saw-tooth effect under the nacelle but there is no mention of the colour. I presume its white on a green background.

LloydNB

Fantastic! Look forward to it.

Re: the sawtooth, I've read it was PC10 "teeth" over clear doped linen, but I can't give you the source for that of the top of my head.

Well my first WWI skin is done and submitted to Combatace. It was so much fun doing, I might do more. Perhaps No.29 and No.32 Squadrons next. Aladar has already skinned No.24 Squadron.

img00011.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

LloydNB

Thank you, Lloyd! And, please, do No.32 Squadron, if able!

JFM

That texture looks great Lloyd :clapping: Will look very fitting with a 1915-16 scenario

against early German machines <S>