Sign in to follow this  
GunnersMate88

Jane's Combat Sims

I have been out of flight sims since my Suncom Talon drove me insane with the "rock back and forth" fix and I blocked it out my memory. :fie::crazy: I have since upgraded to a non-midi mobo and XP which brings me to my question - can these games owrk in XP?

F/A-18

F-15

USAF

IAF

WWII Fighters

Longbow Anthology

Microsoft CFS 2

I aint even gonna ask about USNF '97 I couldn't run it on Win98SE

EDIT - I bought a Logitech Force 3D Pro @ CompUSA for $30 since I have no $ for Cougar or X52. Any good?

BTW - Anyone find it funny that 688I can run on XP?

Edited by GunnersMate88

I have been out of flight sims since my Suncom Talon drove me insane with the "rock back and forth" fix and I blocked it out my memory. :fie::crazy: I have since upgraded to a non-midi mobo and XP which brings me to my question - can these games owrk in XP?

F/A-18

F-15

USAF

IAF

WWII Fighters

Longbow Anthology

Microsoft CFS 2

I aint even gonna ask about USNF '97 I couldn't run it on Win98SE

EDIT - I bought a Logitech Force 3D Pro @ CompUSA for $30 since I have no $ for Cougar or X52. Any good?

BTW - Anyone find it funny that 688I can run on XP?

Ok I know that F/A-18,F-15,WW2 fighters and MSCFS2 will work with 98SE.and if you have trouble with 688i theres a dll. you can get at Seawolves(I think) that works great,and then it will work.

USAF sort of works - the game itself runs fine but some of the setup menus etc. don't.

There are workarounds for most of them but the 1 major stumbling block was the QME (although you could always use another editor).

I believe that even that may have a solution now plus I've heard it rumoured that it works under Vista.